Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW 168lbs/GW 125lbs CW164(9/9)

Height: 5'5"

Default Kinda scared, highly embarrassed, and a touch hopeful!

Hi. Im Tiffany. And Im as far from a "typical Tiffany" one can get. lol Nobody expects a fat Tiffany. I didnt used to be, I was a gymnast for many years, and then have been a coach for even more years. Weight used to be easy! Even after 3 kids (all three c-sections) I was never more than 115 within a month or so after giving birth. Then mid 30s hit, and I got kidney stones, for some reason after that, I started gaining. And gaining. And cant for the life of me get it off or keep it off. After my 2nd kidney stone surgery, I was at 155lbs. And horrified. So, between the KS and the too much weight, I cut out all liquids except water and occasional tea. And at the time, I was drinking on the average 3 or 4 henry root beers a day, and usually a mocha few times a week. So, I thought, THIS will help me drop. nope. I cut out most (not all, never all) chocolates and desserts. Still gained. I moderately exercise, well, honestly, sparatically moderately exercise. But Im coaching about 8hrs a week. And that includes a lot of up and down, on my feet all over the gym during the time, catching and lifting kids. Still, I gain. So I cut back a little more on portions, drink MORE water, do silly things like squats while Im folding laundry, boggie in the shower (sorry for THAT mental image! lol) do the butt squeezes if im sitting there watching tv. No loss. sigh....So this weekend, i went on a long hike w/my kids that included a LOT of climbing over boulders, ate a light sandwich(and water) for lunch, walked all over more stores than I can count getting school stuff for 3 kids (AAHHHHH), drank 3 waters while doing this. baked porkchop and cranberry sauce for dinner (water) 3 hardboiled eggs and a plum for breakfast. my usual little boggie about and impromptu 1 min dances here and there, and today, exact same weight i was 3 days ago, and my jeans dont fit over my belly anymore. So, I figured, next step. Im gonna try and do this online forum, and hopefully, can find some new friends in here that might have some advice, and/or encouragement. Im tired of not being able to wear anything but sweats and big tshirts. I dont want to dread my picture being taken because it shows how round my face is now, and how big ive gotten. I dont want the doubletakes from friends/family I havent seen in awhile when they see just how much MORE there is to me. I hope this will be my turn around. And maybe, I can help someone else at the same time.
So, sorry for the long winded blahblahblah post. I'll try to keep them shorter from here out!

Tiffany
tiffela74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:47 PM   #2  
going for gold

Hello Tiffany

ive just recently started on this forum and been on a better eating plan since begining of last week, but i also found that if when i weighed myself 2 or 3 days in that i didnt see any differnce, but i weighed myself this morning and can safely say the scale has gone down. i also found an app on my iphone that helps me keep track of my calories and have found this to be a HUGE help as i am now more aware of what im actually putting into my body, i just log in what ive eaten and drank and found that things i thought wouldnt be a big deal actually are, so ive made the portion smaller. i didnt intend to be on a calorie counting eating plan, but it allows me to still enjoy the little things but in moderation and i have found it so much easier to work with than a diet that says you can eat this this and this and cuts out heaps of things.

hope this can be of some help

Last edited by Andynoo; 09-04-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Andynoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 12:34 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Hi Tiffany and welcome to 3FC!

First of all, it sounds like you do get in a lot of activity, and that's a HUGE plus.

A couple of things: Weight loss comes down to calories. (The methods to this end are different, but it's about calories when it gets down to it.) You might want to take a whole week and write down everything you eat. Every bite, every taste. Along with the calorie count. It might give you a better idea of your food and how many calories you're actually consuming versus how many you actually need to lose weight.

Exercise can help with a calorie deficit, but burning 100 calories is more difficult than people think and eating back 100 calories (or more) is unfortunately easy.

So, definitely keep up the movement, but turn your attention to the food more for the time being.

One other concern. If you continue making changes after you focus more on the food, but are still gaining you might want to pop in to your doctor's for a visit to see if there's anything medical going on. Most of the time we just underestimate our calories consumed and gain, but it's always safest if we're gaining weight without a reason to check in and make sure there's not something unseen going on.

Best of wishes on your journey!

Last edited by Lovely; 09-05-2011 at 12:34 AM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: SW 168lbs/GW 125lbs CW164(9/9)

Height: 5'5"

Thank you both so much for the replies!!
Andyroo, Im so happy that you are seeing results! that is just fabulous!!! Thats terrific too that you found an app thats so helpful for you. I would like something like that, but Im pretty darn lo tech, my phone has utterly no data on it. Just calls and txts. It sounds like you and I are similar though, in that diets that cut back work better than cut out. Im not very good at cutting out completely what I really want! lol Except soda, I was really surprised that it was so easy to do that. Sucked for about 2 weeks, then no problem. In fact now, if i take a drink of a soda, it almost gags me, tastes like gulping down syrup. blech! lol Thanks for your post and advice, it IS quite helpful!

Lovey, Thank you!! Im kinda excited to be on a forum w/others who are either going through the same trials, or have been there done that. Thats a very good idea to write down everything that goes into my mouth. Makes me more accountable too! That cookie doesnt go down quite as easy if I know i have to write it down and admit to it! I actually did go to the drs awhile back regarding this, and he ran a bunch of tests, everything seems to be doing what it should. I guess part of it is age catching up to me. Makes this fight just a bit harder i guess. ah well

So, im NOT gonna give up! I quit smoking cold turkey, I should be able to do this too, right?
tiffela74 is offline   Reply With Quote