Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 PM   #1  

Smile Newbie

Hi everybody, I am Jeme.
I found you all in my search for ways to make my future-new life of eating different become more flavorful.
I am scheduled for bariatric surgery Sept. 5. I am nervous but excited. I have not told anyone except 3 family members who all feels that it should be that way. I am normally a very, very private person. I felt a little comfort and a sense of a possibility of sharing what is happening with me with you all.
I hope that I am welcomed.
I look forward to sharing much, learning much and giving much....
Jeme
jeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 203/185.5/149

Height: 5'6

Hi Jeme! I am new to this site too! I look forward to hearing all about your successes!
kelly585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/155

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to 3FC! This is a great place for support and even besides weight loss topics, we have lots of topics about just generally chatting, playing games, and more. Settle in and enjoy the company!
Michi702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:46 PM   #4  

Welcome to you to Kelly.
I guess I am the oldest person so far. I will be 60 this year. I am kind of thrilled with that. Everyone says that I look a good 40. I am avid exerciser -water aerobics, water walking and land walking. I have had so many bouts of failure when it comes to loosing weight. Medically, I am good but with prescription drugs my blood pressure and cholestrol is under control. I been under the care of a nutritionist, prescribed by my GI doctor due to fatty tissue on my liver. I am seeing a GI because of high intolerance to lactose, wheat, and celiac disease stuff. As much as I have exercised and watched my diet, I have gained rather than lost. My doctors then suggested bariatric surgery. I am hoping that my good skills of dieting and exercising pays off. I love traveling to treacherous places, building houses in Mexico, Costa Rica and here in the states (missionary work and Habitat for Humanity),. I miss doing that in the last 2 years. The weight is finally limiting my "going".
Good luck to you and I look forward to hearing of your success and others, as well.
jeme is offline   Reply With Quote