Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-07-2011, 10:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167/165/130

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy new...and nervous...

hi there all...I am new here and a little nervous because I know I have such a long road ahead of me...I am wondering where all of my will power and energy has gone...I had a child almost 3 years ago and I am thinking somewhere around there is where it started...I am currently about 35 lbs overweight and I am just so so mad at myself for not being proactive earlier. I was extremely sick while pregnant with my son and actually went from 178 to 143 6 days after he was born...I was only 13 lbs away from my goal weight and I gained it all back and then some. I just saw photos of myself on someones tv slideshow last night and that kind of put me in the pits. I work full time and am with my son the rest of the time and have a house to take care of (I also have an extremely helpful husband) but I can't seem to get motivated to get off the couch and out of the house. And my willpower with food is gone. I have three loves of my life (besides my family) and it is beer (the expensive tasty high calorie kind), potatoes (I dream about french fries), and Diet Coke...I have been off of all three plus sugar and wheat for the passed 10 days...and guess what...I GAINED 4 pounds...so now I am at my wits end really feel like "whats the point?" I have been eating veggies, and fruit, and hummus, and omelets (the tasteless egg white kind) and drinking nothing but water...and I gained weight. Talk about being discouraged...

I am looking forward to reading and learning about all of you who are doing so well and hope that I can count myself as one of you...

here's to us!
losmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome =)

What matters is calories in/calories out.

You could be eating nothing but fully healthy foods... and still gain weight if you're eating too much.

It might seem like a long road now, but that's why we all have to take it one day at a time.

Look around. Post where you're comfortable. You can do this.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:47 PM   #3  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

You can do this, you can do this!

Good luck to you.

Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:25 PM   #4  
Pinup extraordinaire!

S/C/G: 273/232.4/165

Height: 5'8"

I agree with lovely, it's calories in/calories out. I know it seems monumental now, but once you start eating right and exercising you feel so much better about life. You have SO much more energy!
Don't expect to drop several pounds in a week, set small goals for yourself. I find this works much better that way you don't set yourself up for disappointment.
YOU CAN DO IT!
tessendicott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #5  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!

I agree, it would be helpful to know how much you're eating, like in terms of calories. You could be eating 3,000 cals in healthy foods.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote