Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-30-2011, 09:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/237/140

Height: 5'

Default Getting out of the rut

Since the end of highschool I've fallen into a deep rut. I've gained over 50 lbs since then and I wasn't a small girl to begin with. And it didn't help that the job I've held down the last 4yrs is kitchen work.
I know I can lose weight at a decent rate, as I have dropped weight before. But something always seemed to happen and I would jump back on the wagon. Life has taken a turn for the best recently; a new start in a way. And I am determined to make it even better by dropping the weight for good.
One of the things that I've noticed that held me back before is support. My family means well but by nature don't do emotional support very well. I don't have the money to join any form of group/gym; atleast at the moment so here I am!
SideKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

I just graduated from high school but I started gaining the weight BEFORE I got out. Now I'm trying not to start college feeling uncomfortable.
I feel you on the money situation, but the gym I joined is $10 a month. And it's an EXCELLENT gym. I earn $10 from waiting on 2-3 tables. (I work around food too!)
You could find one like this possibly.
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 237/237/140

Height: 5'

There is no $10 gym here. One is $15 but you have to pay $150 to join first. Then there is a $25 one with a $50 join fee. I'll will most likely join this one later but part of my recent good news is I'm going back to school in September. So excited! But the campus is an hour drive away; thankfully I only go once a week. So till I have started and have an idea about what my gas is going to be I'm trying to be as fugral as possible.
One of my mini goals is to lose 10lbs by the time first class is; which is about 7weeks away.
SideKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:01 PM   #4  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

3FC is GREAT support! You'll love it here.
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:21 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 179/170/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideKick View Post
There is no $10 gym here. One is $15 but you have to pay $150 to join first. Then there is a $25 one with a $50 join fee. I'll will most likely join this one later but part of my recent good news is I'm going back to school in September. So excited! But the campus is an hour drive away; thankfully I only go once a week. So till I have started and have an idea about what my gas is going to be I'm trying to be as fugral as possible.
One of my mini goals is to lose 10lbs by the time first class is; which is about 7weeks away.
yes! good to hear you're going back to school. love it.
And yeah, you may have to give up somethings to afford the gym, worth it in the end. I say school first though
ChubbyCheeks is offline   Reply With Quote