Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 220/196/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Another Newbie (with lengthy intro)

Hi all,
I wanted to introduce myself as I have been lurking about gathering inspiration from all of you for a while now.

My name is Tracy and I am 38 (soon to be 39) and I am trying to lose some weight. I have always been, or at least I have always considered myself, overweight. Like many of you I wish I could go smack some sense into my younger self and say "you are not fat!" But since I don't have access to a time machine I guess I am stuck dealing with things now!

I have been trying to lose weight for a long time but only in earnest for about the last two years. I have been "successful" at different points of time in that I lost weight but did it in a crazy way that no one should ever do or repeat but then ultimately gaining all the weight and more back.

Two years ago I signed up with a personal trainer and lost about 15 pounds through working out. I always have eaten healthfully - I love fruits and veggies - but my portion sizes were always over the top huge. I couldn't seem to get past the twenty pound mark though even when I did try to watch my portions so I became very discouraged (and this after about a year of really consistent workouts!) and just sort of bailed. And the weight began to creep back on.

So I decided I need to get back on this but since portion is my main issue portion is what I will tackle first. So I joined Weight Watchers on July 5th and have been going consistently and following the points system and trying to keep it together. For exercise I ride my bike (the first week in my bike was stolen! I replaced it because I have committed and bike riding is good exercise for me because it is both mindless and exhausting - i.e. I get a good workout without having to think about it too much). So I started at 220 and now I am at 212 three weeks in. My first goal, other than the WW goals of 5 and 10 % lost is to get under 200 pounds. That's someplace I haven't been in about 12 years.

Thank you for sharing all of your inspirational stories. They really help to keep me motivated.
Lucky72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 175/167/145

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome! This a great group of people. Glad you've joined.
ann71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:37 AM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to posting!

I'm really glad you decided to join and stop lurking ^_^ Congratulations on the changes you've made so far! I think it's excellent to want to get portion sizes under control and add in regular activity of any kind.

There's a WW section under Diet Central, and a 30-something's area... and well you've been lurking around so you know! Join in on any or all sections you'd like.

You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 167/ticker/130

Height: 5'7

Welcome! I can't believe your bike was stolen! But power to you for replacing it out of sheer dedication. I LOVE Weight Watchers. I feel like it's a great way to learn how to actually eat correctly and gets great results. A few years back when I had my first go at weight loss, I did the old system of WW and lost over 30 pounds super easily... but then I lost motivation and alas, here I am again.. Anyway, good luck and welcome welcome!
kelelaoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:47 PM   #5  
Cuddly Veg*n

S/C/G: 178 (153.8 Recently)/145.2/125

Height: 5'9"

Good job on committing to better your health! Sorry about your bike being stolen, that sucks! But yeah, that' awesome!
xxkaleidoscopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 210/166/150

Height: 5'4

I've also gone down the weight watchers path, I started and lost 21 lbs then I too fell off the plan. When I stated fitting back into my old pants rather than my new ones I decided this was it now or never. So I keep my old pants on my wall for motivation. So far so good im sticking to the points and started going to the gym . Im hopeful for more great progress.
evilsugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 09:18 PM   #7  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to you, too, Evilsugar! Best of wishes on your journey
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #8  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome! Great to have you!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:49 AM   #9