Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-18-2011, 10:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255.3/241.8/134

Height: 5'4"

Default Wanted to say hello!

Hi everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and let y'all know how much I'm looking forward to being here. I've been browsing around for a couple of weeks and just decided to register tonight.

Short story long, I have some weight to lose. I believe I have hit my all-time high (no - I HAVE reached and will NEVER see it again!), 255+. Holy. Cow. I was at the doctor's office for my annual physical last month and was appalled when she kept sliding the little doo-hicky over on the scale. I knew something had to change.

I had moderate success with WW a couple of years ago, but life got crazy and I didn't give it the effort I knew it would take to succeed. So I re-upped, and have so far lost 13.5 pounds. It's pretty wild, but I've found out I actually enjoy eating healthier foods. But sometimes I still splurge a little too. And - even more shocking - I really enjoy exercise. I never would have thought...

Anyhoo, a little about me. I'm 26, I live with my cat (but I am not the crazy cat lady) in lovely East Texas, and I am a facilities engineer (mechanical engineer by education) with an oil and gas company.

Can't wait to get to know some of y'all!
Helena313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Congrats on making changes and losing weight!

I'm a WW member, too, and really appreciate the program ideas. There's a WW section under Diet Central. There's a 20-something's area, and various other places, too, like challenges and areas of interest. Check 'em out, post where you're comfortable!

So happy to have you join us and can't wait to get to know you better on the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:47 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/198/135

Height: 5'8"

Hi there fellow Texan! I just signed up tonight and am ready to get my weight off.
Anyway, glad you're here and I wish you all the best! I'll be seeing you around here.
Deblynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:01 AM   #4  
Ready to be a hot mommy

S/C/G: 230/139/120

Height: 5 '3

Hello and welcome! Thanks for joining us! I think that without my kid I would be a crazy cat lady I hope your weight loss journey goes the best it can and that we see you around!
GeekMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Current: 252/238/199

Height: 170 cm

Hello and welcome, similair jobs - design/mechanical engineer, and starting weight, and age! Best of luck, you can do it, just stay motivated and determined and if you ever have an off day, just put it behind you, brush off your shoulders, keep the chin up and go again!! I didnt think 4-5 months ago I could do it, but I am almost there now! Hoping in the next month I will have made it!
irishlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:33 AM   #6  
maria

S/C/G: 214/180/154

Height: 5ft 7

Hi and welcome :0)
MIMI 193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:20 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 218/196/165

Default Hi from Canada

Good Day! I'm excited also to have registered this morning and can't wait to continue my weight loss journey here I am a WW member since Jan.10/11 and have done moderately well - it's taken about 23 weeks to lose 23 lbs but I suppose that's better than gaining 1 lb a week!! I just wish it was faster!! I have tried WW in the past and never been able to stick with it - this time I am loving it. Love tracking using my iphone - honestly I think that's what keeps me going. I have bought another 20 week package that will take me to October and after that might just subscribe online and use this site to get to goal.

I am 38 years old and have finally started to take control. I want to be at my sexiest and most fit by the time I turn 40!! I need some suggestions to be more consistent with my fitness - I walk a lot, do kickboxing and zumba 2x per week but would love to get up in the morning and do my 10-minute trainer dvd's to add that extra kick. Why is it so hard to drag my butt out of bed 30 minutes earlier every day????
Maim1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #8  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!! YOU can do it!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 255.3/241.8/134

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Irishlad - very cool! Lots of similarities - would love to see how we both progress!
Helena313 is offline   Reply With Quote