Greetings and Salutations! - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-20-2011, 07:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 184/184/127

Height: 5'3"

Default Greetings and Salutations!

I am new here. I'm about to embark on a low carb plan. While my weight has remained fairly steady for the last 8 years, it is clear to me that my big issue with food is definitely with carbs. Why, yes, I would love another baguette! Tasty, but not so good for the size of my rear end.

I was a very skinny young kid, slightly chubby when puberty hit, back to very slim when I finished high school.

My weight stayed very well in check with all three of my pregnancies, but I would put on 20 pounds AFTER the kids were born. I managed to get down to about 10 pounds above my ideal and stayed there until baby #3 was about 3 years old. And then I started putting on about 10 pounds a year for 5 years and then have stayed parked in the 179-184 range for about 8 years now.

I am just old enough to start getting worried about my health (luckily, my cholesterol and blood pressure numbers are quite good). My kids are all older now (23, 20 and 16) and I want to be around for eventual grandchildren! I don't want my weight to keep me from doing things I want to do. I have gained (ha!) enough maturity that I no longer beat myself up about my weight or judge my value as a human being from a number on a scale. But it is time to get it together and move forward! All of the stories I've read on this forum (so far) have been so inspiring to me! I don't know how I stumbled across this site, but I'm so glad I did!
MidlifeCrisisGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:37 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC!

We're very glad to have you join us on your journey We're all just here aiming to be healthier and lose a few pounds along the way.

You sound like you have a level head about the whole process which is a HUGE advantage. There's a Low Carb area under the Diet Central section. There are areas based on age, and weight to lose, and interests, etc. Join in on as many threads and sections as you'd like, wherever you're comfortable!

Can't wait to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote