Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-18-2011, 11:46 AM   #1  

Default Confessions of a yo-yo dieter (Long post)

Hello there everyone

My name is Cheryl Ann, I'm 21, from Ireland. I just completed my undergrad degree in Biomedical and Biological Science and i will be starting my masters in Biomedical Science in September. I don't have any real job and i'm single woo.

Now its time for my story.

I have been yo-yo dieting since i was 14. At first it was a harmless attempt to loose some excess weight i was 140lbs, but felt fat at the time. That turned into anorexia and within 6 months i had gotten down to around 85lbs. I was threatened with hospital and i never received any help other than i "had to gain weight".

And boy did i gain weight! I began binging constantly and by the time i was 15 and sitting my summer exams i was pushing 170lbs. This was through binging, starving either 200 cals or 2000 cals on my binges. Then just before i turned 16 i got down to 140lbs again. Something however snapped around the time of my 16th birthday and i began to binge again. Once again hoping on that binge purge cycle.

Then something snapped and i began to loose the weight and i kept it off until my 18th birthday. I had been surviving on around 100-200 cals a day and it was starting to really affect my concentration. I never had any energy and i really didn't want to spend my life living on 100-200 cals.

So up to 1,200 cals i went and so did the scales! I relapsed minorly into binging yet, i am happy to say i haven't binged since February 2008. Thats 3 years binge free .

So this time i was fat from around Feb until October of 2008. Something incredible happened to me during this time, i experienced a sort of delayed puberty. I grew 2 inches from 5ft 5 to 5ft 7 and my body finally took on that womanly shape i.e rounder hips and shoulders.

This time i kept the weight off from October 2008 until February 2011. During time all was not well and i started night eating and chewing and spitting. My highest weight during this time was 147lbs and my lowest was 126lbs. I was really happy then.

For reasons i don't want to go into my weight shot up again. It has still sorta stayed up. I guess because if you read my post you will see that in terms of dieting and stuff, i'm tired. I'm sick of this battle, i am worn out yet i can't give up, not totally.

So yeah, thats me, nice to meet you all
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 AM   #2  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

First of all... SUPER AMAZING CONGRATULATIONS on staying binge free for 3 years! Enormous accomplishment, and that's a hard thing to do.

You might appreciate the Chicks in Control section. Dealing with (past or present) eating disorders can often cloud over weight loss and eating healthier, so it's good to connect with others who have dealt with or are dealing with similar things.

Best of wishes to you =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #3  

Thank you i shall indeed check it out . I have been a watcher of the forum for a while but i'm feeling very low today. Instead of eat and be miserable i've decided to do something positive and get active within the community instead .

Nice to meet you btw
irishcanary is offline   Reply With Quote