Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW160/CW156/GW130

Height: HT:5'4"

Smile New from TN!

Hello! I wanted to introduce myself... My name is Renay and I'm in TN.
I've been dealing with weight problems almost my entire life.
I'm always trying to lose 30 pounds. Nothing I try seems to work. I've tried WW, I've tried the Ultimate You program, LAWL, I've worked out 5 days a week doing alternate days of cardio then weight training, I've had my thyroid checked, I've paid a personal nutritionist to help me... Nothing seems to work. I see no progress, even after several months of being on these programs. I'm becoming more and more depressed.
Yesterday, my husband sat me down and talked with me about how he wants me to be healthy and live a long life with him and he has noticed that I just can't seem to take the weight off. It has really put me into a tail-spin. I'm so sad about this and I just cannot seem to figure out what would help me lose this weight.
I did the Atkins Diet years ago and it was the only thing that worked for me - I lost 33 lbs and kept it off for several years. It was four years ago when I had my daughter that the weight started coming back on.
I'm considering trying the MRC program or the Metabalance program with HCG injections but I'm not sure how I feel about HCG.
I enjoy reading everyone's posts and hope I can learn something valuable here as well as be a source of support for others.
Thanks for reading!
RenayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 292/268/140

Height: 5'7

Hi Renay!
I'm new to the forums as well.
I'm in a similar situation as you.. that I can't seem to figure out what to do but I need to do something.
You are blessed with a husband who truly cares about you.
I wish you all the best and look forward to our success!
iamworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:26 PM   #3  

Thank you so much! Yes, I am fortunate to have such a loving husband. He is very supportive of me and hated even talking to me about it. He always tells me that he is attracted to me and loves being with me. I am eight years older then he is, so he's more concerned that I'm healthy than skinny. I do appreciate that!

I'm now considering trying the Ultimate You program again.
Have you heard of that?
Old 07-04-2011, 11:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

Welcome!! I'm in TN also!!
This is the perfect place for ideas and support!
Welcome!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 292/268/140

Height: 5'7

What is the Ultimate You program?
When I think about the Ultimate me... oh the thoughts in my head can keep me occupied for days. hahaha
iamworthit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #6  

Hello, fellow Tennessean! I'm in Wilson County, just outside of Nashville. Where're you located?

Iamworthit, the Ultimate You program is a four-phase "body makeover" based on the idea that the things we eat affect our hormonal balance, therefore affecting our ability to lose weight. It's really a lifestyle change incorporating four 4-week phases of increasingly difficult resistance training and HIIT - high-intensity interval training, as well as changing your eating habits over to an organic plant-based, high-protein diet. They also encourage using specific supplements such as a multi-vitamin with a metabolic boost in it, omega 3, green drinks, resveratrol and others. You don't HAVE to buy any of those; I didn't the first time I tried the program. I made it through the first phase and lost 6 lbs. I've started the program again today doing a day of HIIT and following one of the weekly menu plans in the book. You only buy what you need at the grocery store! It's more expensive buying organic, but it's a main part of the hormonal aspect of the diet - pesticides and corporate farming have changed our food, which changes how our bodies react to the food. You're even encouraged to get rid of plastics that you might use to cook or store food in because plastics leach estrogen into our foods, and estrogen is the hormone that makes our bodies hold onto fat!
It's pretty intensive but, if you're interested, I would encourage you to pick up the book and see what you think...

It kicks my butt, but that's what I need! Fast fixes aren't going to do me any good at this point!

Let me know if I can help with anything.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #7  
Michelle

S/C/G: 308.8/ticker/155

Welcome, Renay! Glad you're here.
BudgetBaby is offline   Reply With Quote