Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-16-2011, 04:19 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/161/145

Height: 5'5

Default New Diet, already FRUSTRATED

Hi! My name is Eireanne, and i just found 3fc and really liked it, so I've decided to join.
My whole life I have been the chubby girl, but I never thought it was THAT bad, i just needed to lose just a few pounds... but then it got to be where every photo I took I looked huge, so I determined I just wasn't all that photogenic and I needed to learn how to position my face for pictures... long story short, it took me getting a wii fit and stepping on it for my wake-up call to happen. I got on and it exclaimed Ouch! (what is that, ouch are you kidding? you are a machine you don't have feelings) and then it said oh, you're obese... what are you kidding, we went from chubby straight over fat into obese... my mind was blown and my heart was broken. So my roommate and I decided to go on the dukan diet together.
The month of this diet ROCKED... i have never been a successful dieter in my entire life, I have never gotten past day 3 in anything, because my willpower wasn't there. This has to be different. So like I said first month awesome, I went from 185 (the biggest I have ever been in my entire life) down to 167. That last number is a very special tricky bugger. All throughout high-school I was 170, so for me to drop below that was an epic milestone. But as soon as I get below 170 everything goes haywire and i start gaining weight again, but nothing in my behavior is different from losing weight me to gaining weight me. Im just getting frustrated because for the first time in my life I am following something and it still is coming to a standstill...

oh well i apologize for the novel I just wrote, but I apparently needed to vent...
willowtree17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry you're feeling so frustrated, especially after you had such an awesome start with Dukan. Maybe you need an entirely new diet? Something different that doesn't remind you of a previous failure?

No one really knows but you. Welcome, and have a look around! I hope you find what you are looking for
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:33 AM   #3  
banned

I'm sorry you're frustrated too. Dieting is rough. Seriously. But this place is great, so you're sure to get back on your feet just looking around the forum, here.
3FCer344892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:23 AM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

First of all, congratulations for following through on your changes!

At some point in most lifestyle changes, people come to a frustration point. Now, this is very, very important. People get frustrated and often see it like this "Ugh. I'm doing all this work, and the weight isn't coming off like it's supposed. I might as well quit!" ... What happens when those people quit? They go back to the way things were, gaining the weight back and often adding friends to the original number.

How do we work through the frustration? We determine the problem, and we find a solution. This can take time. This is normal. You should still follow your plan, because at the very least it took some weight off to begin with, and should keep you from gaining it all back... as long as you're honesty following the plan.

A) Are you as strict with yourself following the plan now as you were in the beginning?

B) Are you HONEST about your food intake? Are you journaling to see how much you're eating and when?

C) Are you getting in extra activity?

D) Are you bored? Do you need to tweak the plan to fit your life more? Do you need to add in things that will keep you on track and satisfied?

Remember - not all weight is the same. Weight does NOT always equal fat. There's water in your body, bones, muscles, organs, food traveling through your system. Getting on the scale and it saying a number does not mean that the whole of that number is excess fat.

I urge you to try using a tape measure this month. Take your measurements, then take them a month from now as you continue to follow your plan. You might be surprised if the scale doesn't move as much as you'd like... to see that you may be losing inches (which is vastly more important).

There are normal scale fluctuations that go on while a person loses weight. It's over the LONG run (like over many months to a year) that you should start to see patterns and notice that the weight is going down at its own rate.

Keep at it. You'll find the key to move past this little bump in the road.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 185/161/145

Height: 5'5

Thank you all for the great responses, this was exactly why I wanted to join this site so I could have people keep me motivated. I am not going to give up and I understand that this happens, but it is now nice to know that i have people behind me that will help me through
willowtree17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 04:37 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 85/76.6/58 (187/168.8/127)

Height: 5ft2

There are some great posts here Eireanne. I'm sure if you persist it will work out for you. Keep on trucking and you will make progress.

Oh and wow, wii fit is harsh!! Ouch??!!?

we are all in this together : )
O2Bayummymummy is offline   Reply With Quote