Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-14-2011, 12:12 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

Default Joining the boards to recommit

Hi everyone,

So just joined the board. I was always chubby but after hitting my highest weight after living abroad on beer and cheese followed by a period of returning home depression, I started working on losing but only in fits and starts. Over the past 1.5 years, I've lost 28 pounds with a couple of bad bumps and binges on the way. Now I'm recommitting to my diet/workout plan and thought joining the board might help.

Weekends are hard especially after stressful weeks at work and that seems to be my downfall on binges. And it seems like everywhere I go, there's delicious food on TV, or being eaten by friends, so much temptation! But I want to be strong and stay on track. I'm watching calories (using LiveStrong's Daily Plate) and doing 10,000 steps a day.

I'm less than 5'1" and it sucks to be short and stout (like the little teapot I am) because even a little extra weight shows up big time and I feel like I have to be tiny tiny to look the way I want. So I just have to keep taking things one day at a time and I hope that having a good community will help.
ald41085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #2  
Keeper of Useless Info

S/C/G: 220/199/135

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! Glad to meet another new member. I'm jealous you got to go abroad -- where did you go? And beer is my downfall as well. If only it didn't taste so darn good!

Oh, take heart -- when you lose weight, EVERYONE notices. Me, I have to drop a limb to get someone to take notice. Consider it a perk of being petite!

MissSea
MissSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 01:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 215/tracker/130

Height: 5'1"

Nice to meet you, too. I was in the Czech Republic - the best beer but havoc on my waistline!

A normal BMI at my height is still almost 10lbs beneath my goal weight and they say under 100lbs is still a healthy weight. That seems crazy to me, but what I would give for a few extra inches up instead of out!!
ald41085 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:39 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there!

We have a ton of places for you to explore to give and get support - you might want to check out the Calorie Counters forum, as well as the groups by age range and the tons of smaller groups, challenges, and etc floating around.

We even have a thread for people who are on the short side!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/supp...5-2-under.html

So look around, find a spot, jump on in, and get to posting.

Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome to 3FC =)

Hope to see you around the boards!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote