Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 06-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Default Need a buddy/mentor to help working mom of 4

I've lurked around this site for years - and I love it! two falls ago, I lost almost all of my weight by eating strictly and exercising tons. I loved it! I felt so empowered. I had three boys and they were getting older, more independent and I finally felt justified in spending some time on me. Then, on the first romantic night out I'd had with DH in a long time, surprise! pregnant again! Great news and a blessing, but it did send me into a personal funk. I didn't handle the pregnancy the way I should have and now I am back where I started, but I do have a gorgeous daughter to show for it. I am overwhelmed and wishing to get going on my weight loss journey again. I think I'm angry that I have to do it again, but I need to get over that. I'm certainly experiencing boughts of self sabotage. And I feel like this whole thing is an impossible feat. Summer is here, and now it will be yet another fat summer for me (hear the bitterness?). I'd love a friend who has done it all with success and to give a little tough love. Half my brain knows exactly what to do - the other half just wants to give up.
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 04:40 PM   #2  
amber

S/C/G: 318/288.8/220

Height: 5'5"

I haven't "done" it yet but I'm in the middle of getting it done! I just wanted to welcome you and remind you that it is all you. You did it once, you can do it again! And good for you not staying in that slump! I look forward to seeing you around. Also, check out the challenge page it's great! And if you really want to a see a difference for only 25 minutes a day I vote 30 day shred with jillian Michaels- she'll kick your butt no matter how fit you are or aren't!
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 05:58 PM   #3  
Made of Starstuff

Welcome back =)

Best of wishes!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 06:00 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/195/135

Height: 5' 5"

Thanks, Lovely!

Yes, Buttercup, you are so right and I know it. I've got to get motivated and take control by making good choices! Thanks for the words of encouragement.
cyndyjlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:44 PM   #5  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

It's time to start having YOU time again. Your babies are growing up and need you around. Put your brain back into the YOU mode and get started! My boys are 19 and 23, I have made a lifestyle change for ME. I worry about ME now and I know mine are older and can fend for themselves, but you can do this for YOU. Tough love is a good thing to have when you need it. I have to remind my kids when they offer me bites of stuff that I can't have them nor do I want them. They are very proud of me for doing this for myself. Think positive, you have DONE it before and WILL do it AGAIN!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote