Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-15-2011, 11:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/130

Height: 5'2"

Default Can I really undo what I've done to myself?

It hardly seems possible. Here I am at 5'2" and 211 pounds. My reflection can't possibly belong to me -- that's a fat, middle-aged woman in the mirror.

I watch "Biggest Loser" and think, sure, if I had a trainer and no job or responsibilities to tend to, I could lose 100 pounds in 20 weeks…. but very few of us have that luxury! (Kirstie Alley, can you hear me?)

Anyway, I have to do something. I can't waddle through the rest of my life. So I thought I would come here and throw these words into the air and see if there's anyone who can tell me yes, it can be done.

Feeling pretty hopeless,

Kris
lukesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #2  
amber

S/C/G: 320/365/220

Height: 5'5"

Yes! It can be done! There is living proof in the Goal! forum. Under success stories. It motivates me! I'm 222 5ft 5inches, right there with yu! They did it, many without supplements and personal trainers. Of course we can do it too!

here is the goal photo album 3fatchicks.com/forum/goal-photo-album-200/
add the 3 w's at the front of the link I can't post links yet! But, go have a look!

Last edited by ButterCup85; 05-15-2011 at 11:12 PM.
ButterCup85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #3  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

lukesmama-

You can do this. I am middle-aged (47). I am a mom and grandma. On June 15, 2010, the day I started my new life, I weighed 235+. I am 5'6" tall. I also wondered if it was even possible for me to lose this massive weight.

I decided that losing the weight and getting healthy was going to be my number one priority. I gave up sugar, went lo-carb and exercise every day. Today I weigh 139 and have 4 lbs. to go to reach my goal of 135. I am not excessive with anything, but it is at the forefront now, rather than having my health always on the back burner.

I am here to tell you that if I could do it, so can you. Don't give up and tell yourself every day that you CAN do it and that you are most definitely worth it.

Best wishes to you. I know that you can do this!!
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Not only can you do it, but you can KEEP it off.

Most people I see down in Maintenance didn't rush off the weight. It was done with small permanent changes to the way they ate and how much activity they were getting.

One step at a time! You can do this!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:59 PM   #5  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Small adjustments for me!
Weight management is long-term! So is eating junk everyday!
The great news is, YOU get to CHOOSE!

I have no personal trainer, but a fabulous friend in life that encourages me along the way.
(although I would do this alone!)
I don't belong to a gym.
I run/walk outside and do Zumba at local churches for $1/class.

There is a wealth of knowledge to be found online and inside the woven verbalizations
of this website! People freely give advice, information, and encouragement to those who seek it!

Work, school, life, etc doesn't keep people from eating per say. We still must eat to fuel our bodies.
Why is it that so many of us try to blame outside circumstances for choices we can make? Just
because you may not be 20 yrs old or retired or capable of living without having a job doesn't mean you can
opt for positive changes when it comes to food selection.

You can buy $20 worth of or You choose!
You can also choose to sit in front of another episode of Biggest Loser
or you can do like so many of us and choose to be the Biggest Loser in your own life!

Here's some to help you get motivated!

Last edited by K9Owner; 05-16-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: add info
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:08 AM   #6  
hee haw

S/C/G: 182/173.6/120

Height: 5'2"

Of course you can, believe in yourself!
torta del burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:22 AM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

You will love it here! I absolutely believe you can do it! It wasn't long ago that I was feeling completely hopeless! Depressed! Miserable! I'm now feeling SO MUCH BETTER! I'm 40 and I have a son with special needs. I also have chronic daily migraines. If I can do it, anyone can! Just take it one day at a time. Plan every morsel you put in your mouth and keep a food journal. Drink only water and move more every day! Don't think of all the weight you need to lose. Just focus on 5 lbs. at a time. If you want to eat and you know you have already eaten enough for the day, have an arsenal waiting for you. I have sugarless gum, sugar free jello, Hansen's Diet creamy root beer, celery sticks that I dip into Walden Farms calorie free dressing, etc. I also like to paint my toes or do crunches when I get that urge. Then, the next day, I wake up feeling so proud of myself for not giving in to temporary temptation! Everyone has tips and tricks that work for them, you just need to find what works for you and take it one day at a time!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:32 AM   #8  
Ready For Prime Time

S/C/G: 179/175/Fit & Strong

Height: 5'7" Age 47

Lukesmama, you absolutely CAN do this.

Don't think about the weight (which you can't control), think about healthy behavior (which you CAN control). The weight will take care of itself.

Our job isn't to lose weight. Our job is to 1) make healthy eating choices, and 2) move our bodies.

I agree with LuckyMommy... A "rescue plan" for those weak moments is key. I'll be using those myself. Thanks for the tips!

Blessings,
Tabitha
Just Tabitha is offline   Reply With Quote