Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW: 328.5

Height: 5' 6"

Default New chick in town!

I just found this forum tonight and I'm so excited to find other people who are on the same weight loss journey I am!

My name is Janice and I have roughly 130 pounds to lose. Just saying that scares the bejeezus out of me. I've never had a healthy relationship with food and it's only escalated as I've gotten older. I have PCOS and I'm also hypothyroid, which doesn't help at all. I recently found out that I have the beginning stages of a fatty liver which is directly from my excessive weight. Thankfully, my doctor said that it can be reversed with weight loss and a healthy diet.

I would love to chat with others who have 100+ pounds to lose as well!
inhighcotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 09:17 PM   #2  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Just wanted to welcome u to 3FC & Say U Can do it !!! I lost 133 Pounds (basically) So It can be done...I just counted calories for free~No diet pills...Or programs to pay for.~ www.freedieting.com Has some great calorie counting calculators on there If your interested in doing it...Or google it all...Or come post on the calorie counting forum On here If u have questions If interested in learning how to do that...& GOODLUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~off to Get some sleep ~I am so tired.

Last edited by Lori259; 05-11-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/213/175

Height: 5'11"

Hi, I'm new here tonight as well...I have a good friend who just last week was diagnosed with the beginnings of fatty liver..her dr said the same thing, that it can be reversed...as she and I spoke about it, she got me motivated to join her as well. I wish you the best of luck!
Scooter59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #4  
Made of Starstuff

Hello!!! Welcome to 3FC =)

You are most certainly not alone at all. There are sections for people with PCOS. There are areas for people with more than 100 lbs to lose. There's a section for people starting out weighing more than 300 lbs. So many areas. And you don't just have to stick to one. Read. Post. Get to know others.

Don't think of the total. It's overwhelming (I know. I have about as much to lose, as well.) One day at a time. One meal at a time. One moment at a time. Each step forward is progress towards our goals.

Everyone on this site is encouraging and wants others to be successful! Best of wishes =)
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: SW: 328.5

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for the welcomes!
inhighcotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 275/259/185

Height: 5' 7''

Welcome ,

This I a wonderful place to start you journey! I think 3FC for me is sort of like those weekly weight loss meeting some programs have, except I get to come here everyday as much as I want. It helps me be accountable and motivates me. Everyone here understands what I'm going through and wants to help.

I also have PCOS and IR and my best advise would be to start with excercise(what ever your able to do right now) and be patient with yourself. With PCOS weight loss goes a little slower and you may have to experiment with different eating plans to find one right for you. The most important thing is don't give up! BEST OF LUCK!
cajun moma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #7  

Hi there

You have found a great site for info and support.

I normally lurk and post now and then =) where in AL are you? Im in Mobile County =)
Liverpool Sue is offline   Reply With Quote