Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-30-2011, 07:28 AM   #1  
RJR

S/C/G: 235/185/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Default Guess I Should do an Intro

Hi, my name is Robin

I am 35, and I have two kids. My daughter is 15 and my son is 12. My son lives with me but my daughter has chosen to live with her dad, and worse to not see and talk to me for the past year. This has nothing to do with my weight but it sucks!

I have an amazing husband. I am truly a very lucky woman in that area. We've been together for almost ten years (June 5th will be 10).

My son is awesome, but has ADHD. I homeschool him because public school just hasn't been a good fit for him. He's a great kid.

The rest of my family consists of my two dogs, Hunter and Scout, and our bunny, Mr. Alice. Hunter is a black mostly lab and Scout is a bernese mountain dog. Mr Alice is a mini rex and he is white with grey spots.

I was 245 at my highest weight and now I am around 230, depending on the time of the month.

My motivation to lose weight is that I want to be healthier. But, also because I want to have a baby. I need to have a tubal reversal first and I need to have a BMI of under 30 for that, but I know that being even smaller, in a healthy way, will help my chances of getting pregnant.

We are moving in with my aunt in a week and I'm excited because she has a treadmill. I have dreams of becoming a runner! Though I don't know if my body will ever be able to do that.

I've lost weight twice in my life but both times were because I stopped eating. But that hasn't happened in 10 years. I was maybe 140 when I met my husband and I pretty much moved up to 220-240 within the first year and have stayed there.

My husband couldn't care less how much I weigh. There is NO motivation there at all. He has not ever said a bad word to me about my weight or how I look. But, he sometimes will make a comment when we see a big person at the store. I always want to tell him to knock it off, but then I'd have to point out to him that I'm fat too ... and I can't bring myself to do that, which I understand is completely stupid because it's not like he hasn't noticed, you know?

So, I really want to get healthier, for ME and for our chances to have a baby. I'm really happy to be here!
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 10:42 AM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Welcome, Robin! Sounds like you have good reasons to want to get healthier/lose weight! Are you going to focus on portion control/calorie counting and being more active? GOOD luck in your journey!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 01:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/179/150

Height: 5'5

Welcome Robin
bandarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:42 PM   #4  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #5  
RJR

S/C/G: 235/185/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Thanks for the welcome

Yes, portion control and calorie counting as well as eating healthier in general. I've already started that.

But this week is my TOM so being more active starts next week I hope that three weeks of exercise will help me get ready for being active through next months TOM.

Also, my aunt has a farm with 7 horses so I hope I'll be motivated by that and playing outside with the doggies to be outside and active more.

I'm looking forward to it!
RJR is offline   Reply With Quote