Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-29-2011, 11:31 PM   #1  
Holly

Red face Who else needs some motivation?

Hello ladies...

I am not exactly new here, but haven't been here in several years. (I joined before I learned I was expecting my second child, and his presence explained my inability to keep losing. Oops!)

Well, lots of changes since then. After a relatively healthy pregnancy, I was only up seven pounds (I was 157 before I realized I was pregnant). During the next years, an incredibly unhappy marriage and eating out of depression/boredom/lonliness, I was horrified to see the scales at 186lbs. It's not big, but the fact that I'd gained that much weight in three years -- well, it was time to stop. Had a "reawakening" of sorts. Started losing again after Thanksgiving of 09. Had an extremely emotional year in which I separated from my husband. (Greatest thing I could have done), found an amazing boyfriend, and started losing weight. The stress of the incredibly toxic relationship being over has helped my depression tremendously. I've lost 56lbs in the last seventeen months, but now I've completely messed myself up.

My normal diet was about 1200 calories a day, but when I would plateau, I would take myself down to about 700-800 calories a day for a week. This always started the weight loss again. But when I hit 140, this didn't work. Determined, I kept on the lower calories, and went even lower. I've been eating roughly 400-500 calories a day for a couple of months now, and I can't seem to lose. The weight crawls off. 2oz in a week. Or up 4oz.

After doing some reading tonight, I realize that I have messed my metabolism up pretty badly. (One article says I "wounded" it. D: ACK) So apparently these people say I need to be eating somewhere around 1200 calories a day, and start some light exercise to let my body know that I am not, in fact, trying to kill myself.

So...that's my long story. I want to lose about 15 more pounds. Maybe 20. I want to see how my frame looks when I get there. But I am in serious need of a buddy. I know I'm driving my boyfriend nuts talking so much about weight loss and calories and exercise. He's good about it, and extremely supportive, but sometimes you just need a girlfriend!!

I'm looking for someone who needs motivation. I don't care if you have ten pounds to lose or two hundred. I don't care how old or young you are. I just need someone who will keep me accountable with exercise, and with eating better. Meeting my full calorie needs, and meeting them with the good things that I need to be eating. Someone who is motivated like I am, and who really will stick with me on this.

Any takers? : )
shrinkingme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:44 PM   #2  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

I would love to sign on to help you be accountable but I'm just starting out myself! I just had my second baby 2 1/2 weeks ago and have about 70 more pounds to lose, give or take. I'm already down almost 30 from when I came home from the hospital! Anyways good luck to you!
PacSunMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 290/179/150

Height: 5'5

There is a lot of people on this site that want motivation. Look through the forums and join the challenges, I think it will be good for you.
bandarina is offline   Reply With Quote