Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-08-2011, 09:28 PM   #1  

Default Hi and HEEEEELP

Okay,

Hello everyone! I am new here. My name is Eric. I have struggled with weight issues my whole life.

I need some quick advice.

Sometimes I will binge. Not bad, but normal person binging. The issue is that I has NSRED. If you don't know what that is, it is sleep walking/eating. Hard to fight and stop considering you eat in the middle of the night while asleep.

I know the solution is simply to not have crap in the home, but there are times where I do not sleep walk and I think maybe I can handle something in the house. And I will not do it for a while and then bam.

So, last night I over ate. I really want to balance it out.

Anyone have any advice on what to do when one over eats?

I am about to go for a nice long walk. Hopefully a little exercise will help out!
FatEso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 01:41 AM   #2  
Noobie xD

S/C/G: 185/185/132

Height: 5'3

Hi! welcome to 3FC!
I really dont know how to answer to ur question, but im pretty sure someone is gunna pop up with an answer xD
D O L L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi. I'm new here too... I've struggled with weight my whole life as well, I've lost weight, and gained it back (and then some more), so I know what works, and what doesn't. What works is counting calories, and moving your body. Calories in vs. calories out. So, if you are doing a good portion of calorie intake at night while you sleepwalk/eat, then count those calories as part of your daily intake, and balance it out the next day by adjusting your diet and exercise routine for the day (or two). Not sure what you eat while you are asleep? If you are really serious about dealing with this issue you need to get orgainized. Take inventory of everything in your kitchen and cupboards, make lists, whatever it takes...there must be evidence in the morning to give you some clues....maybe this will eventually teach you to not bring large amounts of tempting foods in to the house. If you want a cookie, don't buy a bag...go to a coffee shop and buy one (for now, and one) for later, if you want ice cream...go to the store and get a scoop or a cone, don't buy a whole tub to bring home...buy the smallest bag of chips instead of the hefty bag (baked Lays are pretty good)...once you realize how many calories you are consuming in your sleep and how much effort it takes to "balance" it out...maybe you won't be so inclined to bring stuff in to the house. I'm currently trying to quit a chocolate bar fixation. A chocolate bar is 250-350 calories. I can eat one in about 2 minutes. But it's gonna take me half an hour of cardio to work it off...I have to keep reminding myself of this....what will it take to "neutralize" the choices I make...do I really want to do an extra half hour of cardio for a chocolate bar that I downed in a minute (I know I said 2 but who are we kidding), and sent me on a sugar/insulin rollercoaster, and left me feeling worse cuz all I want is another...I think not. Learn all you can about counting calories. Hope this helps you somehow.
prettyfatbusdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 07:44 AM   #4  

Eric,
I would recommend seeing a doctor about your sleep walking issue. If you can resolve that, it would take care of eating at night. I have sleep problems, but I am aware of eating at 4:00 AM.

Good luck to you.

ChrisLee59
ChrisLee59 is offline   Reply With Quote