Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-31-2011, 10:45 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/230/174

Height: 5'7.5

Default Need the Motivation to make this happen.

Let me start my story from when I was 24, I had just gone to the doctor and found out that I had weighed 268 lbs. I remember crying all the way home and telling myself that this had to change. The very next day I started a new way of life of my relationship with food and exercise. It took me one year to go from 268 down to 169 at my lowest all by eating healthier and exercising daily (mostly walking). I was able to maintain my weight at 174 to 180 for the next 5 years. At age 29 I got pregnant with twins. During my pregnancy I continued to exercise but my eating got a little out of hand. I used my pregnancy as an excuse to indulge. At the time of delivery I had gained a total of 45lbs which the doctor said was perfectly fine. After I brought the boys home I started to become depressed because my weight stabilized at 214 lbs and didn’t seem to budge. I learned to live with my new size thinking that I had the excuse of “hey I just gave birth to twins”. For the next couple of years, my weight stayed about the same give or take a couple of lbs. When the boys were 3, I started having anxiety attacks. My doctor recommended that I go on Zoloft. This pill was great it really helped me relax, unfortunately after being on this pill for 1 year I gained 30 lbs. Due to this my doctor switched my medicine from Zoloft to Wellbutrin. Wellbutrin is known for weight loss in some people. I was really excited about starting this medicine thinking that the weight would just fall off. Yeah right, not for me, I maybe have lost 5 lbs (don’t know because I refuse to get on the scale right now). I have now started to come back to the realization that I am going to have to work to get this weight off…lol. I have started by doing little changes. I no longer eat out for lunch I pack a healthy lunch every day along with healthy snacks. I went from drinking Coke Zero all day every day to one can a day and the rest is water and powerade zero. I don’t eat seconds for dinner and try not to snack at home too much. This weekend I am starting my exercise routine up again. I really need some motivation. I don’t want to be an overweight mom that can’t enjoy playing with my boys because of being so out of shape. I am hoping that this forum gives me the motivation to keep moving forward.
momtotwinboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:15 AM   #2  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! Looks like you have taken some great first steps! Keep going.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 218/188/150

Height: 5'5

Momtotwinboys let me tell you that I've lost 30 pounds and once or twice a week I take my boys to the park and I play tag with them instead of watching them play tag or swing on the swings. We take the tennis rackets and we would play soccer but the soccer field is always occupied. Although none of us really know how to play!

Good luck!
suenos096 is offline   Reply With Quote