Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 305/305/150

Height: 5 foot 8 inches

Default Looking for somewhere to vent and celebrate weight loss

Hey everyone! I'm new, obviously. I started my weight loss odysy on March 1 at 305lbs. I'm 24, 25 in May, and have been married since November 1 2008. We both want 2 children and would like to start our family before I'm 28. The problem is my size, I want to be able to keep up with them, play with them, camp and hike with them, see them graduate from elementary school, high school, hopefully college. I feel like if I don't lose weight now, and start gaining controll over my food addictions, I won't have the energy to do these things. One of my biggest fears is being a bad parent due to something that I should be able to keep under controll, and passing my lack of self controll on to my children.
Sicoe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:37 AM   #2  
kon-fyoo-zed say it aloud

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/165

Height: 5'9"

hello sicoe! it seems we have a similar journey/destination in mind.

i started at 300 (two weeks ago), and i'm trying to get to 160-170 range, also so my husband and i can start a family in a couple years. it's my motivation to get up and exercise when i don't want to move. it's also my motivation to pass on the super sweet or salty snacks (oh man, i had to say no to lemon meringue pie the other day - my FAVORITE dessert...).

good luck to you, and welcome
konfyoozed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #3  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 195/195/170

Height: 5'3"

What a great decision to work on yourself and create a healthier lifesytle to raise your future children in. I wish I was that smart at your age. I definately passed on my unhealthy eating habits to my son. Now I have a 250lb 14 year old and I cannot tell you the guilt I feel everytime I hear him call himself a "fat guy". Best of luck.
NEMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #4  

Hi Sicoe, your decision to lose the weight prior to having children not only will help you a) keep up with you kids; b) not pass along unhealthy eating practices; but c) (most importantly) - help you conceive. Being overweight is one of the reasons for infertility. I hope you have the support of your spouse to help you through this journey - perhaps this is something you both can do together? Get involved in more physical activities - go to the gym together, bike ride, walks, etc. I have found with my husband that twice a year, we create a "family" challenge - such as entering a running race (Walk/Run for the Cure is a great one - it's a 5K walk or run always in October) or hiking (last year we hiked up Red Rock) and we work towards our training together. I wish you all the best and welcome.
Freedom One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:07 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/305/150

Height: 5 foot 8 inches

Thank you everyone for the support and advice. My spouse is in fact doing this with me, and we live very near Yosemite national park so one of the things we'd like to incorporate into our goals in climbing half dome (the easy side, which is still quite a challenge).
Sicoe17 is offline   Reply With Quote