Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 247/247/150

Height: 5'5

Default I'm new i don't know what to do!!! :)

ok....so I signed up for this forum a while ago and now im finally at a point where i "know" i need to lose this weight. I am 251lbs and 5'5. It really hit me this past weekend. I was in Las Vegas for my favorite niece's wedding. Well, of course, you can't avoid pictures at a wedding and I am absolutely stunned at what i have let myself become. Now, I know I need to do this but I feel like I have such a long way to go and don't know where to start. My sister lost 75lbs with weight watchers but I don't know if that is the right route for me or not. Years ago, I lost about 60lbs on la weight loss but realistically, I can't afford that at this time. I guess I am wondering what everyone thinks. Is weight watchers the way to go or is calorie counting better? I know I need to lose a minimum of 100lbs. Anyone out there that has lost 100lbs, which plan is best for this. I understand that I didn't gain this weight in a week and know it will take time. Im just not sure where to start. I see all these posts on here and know that it can be done. I guess I feel overwhelmed with the enormous task ahead of me. Did anyone else feel this way as well?

Thanks for any input
jennifer
nmycoma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 256/240/140

Height: 5'2"

I have about 100lb to lose. I had good results with WW a few years ago, but that is not for every one. I say try it for a while and see how it goes. Good luck! (BTW, I am eating raw foods only)
PenChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 163/137/130-132

Height: 5' 6"

Weight Watchers is basically fancy calorie counting. Same concept. It sounds like you may need some guidance, support, and accountability. Weight Watchers is good for that. I successfully did WW 11 years ago. It is a good program. I liked it because counting points was kind of a game, but really it is not that much different than calorie counting. If you need something more structured with guidelines, I would say go for WW.
aimeebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:57 PM   #4  
Mommy And Wifey

S/C/G: 291/288/200

I have 100 lbs to lose also...I am at the point also where I know I need to lose this weight. So far, this sight seems great, alot of support and people going through the same journey. Good luck to you, you can do it....we all can
wamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I went to one WW meeting but didn't sign up. The day I chose my free class was the day the horrible facilitator was there! Luckily, I found 3FC and then soon began employing most of WW principles, using some of their recipes and calorie counting. Luckily, many WW materials can be found online and some (not so old) books and things can be found pretty easily in thrift stores. I do think their program is pretty rock solid.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:35 AM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

the best plan for you is the one you can stick to. you can use online support on here for accountability. many groups and challenges to choose from. all free. but it just depends what works for you.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #7  

Height: 67.7

I've joined weight watchers a week ago and I've already lost 3 pounds.

Weight watchers is really a flexible diet and it teaches you that you can eat what you want, as long as you don't eat too much.

It teaches you healthy eating principals and how to lose weight and how to maintain your weight loss.

One of the most important things about a weight loss diet is to stick to your calories for the day and the weight watcher's point's system does exactly that.

Another thing that is great about the weight watcher's system is the weekly meetings that keeps you motivated and accountable.

I would say to go for weight watchers, you've got nothing to lose (expect for a few pounds).
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #8  
SARGE

S/C/G: 224.5/ticker/165

Height: 5'11"

Hey all...if you're serious and want to be held accountable week to week feel free to join us in a relatively new thread around here: "Sarge's NO EXCUSE/Boot Camp to Beach Weather..." We're over in the Chicks up for a Challenge forum. All are welcome, any age, any weight! Just make a pledge to fictitious Sarge on Sundays how much you WILL lose the following week then DO IT! We've got members who just walk, some run, gym rats, zumba queens, spinners, you name it. We're good for daily motivation...lots of daily chat with others in the same boat!
Anyways, check us out. Hope to meet you there.

Sarge
JayTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5'8

I've done ww before and it works but the meetings were just a waste of money to me so I just do it at home now. I just started up again and already lost 4 lbs this week. Good luck on whatever you choose and everyone here will help you through it.
TattooTiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:22 PM   #10  
Beautiful, Sexy, Skinny

S/C/G: 320/Ticker/200

Height: 5'10

I agree with sarge (jaytee) come join us on sarge's no excuse. boot camp to beach weather.....its a ton of great people there!
SMSDREAMER2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi, Jennifer. You might try reading Gary Taube's book Why We Get Fat. It has some valuable information about diet and nutrition. It's science based. Not psuedo-science. From what I've read/seen, his approach is very effective and most people experience results immediately. See what you think.

I gained 55 lbs during my pregnancy and it's been very hard to slim down. It is overwhelming and it does take a while. I think what's been most effective for me is to really try to keep busy, distract myself from focusing on diet/food, and think about what I'd like to be doing. I also think it's important to allow food to be pleasurable (there are a lot of very, very good recipes that don't sacrifice taste) and not a negative obsession--from my own experience, I can pinpoint that as a major cause of my own difficulties losing weight. I usually get healthier faster if I focus on feeling fit and capable.

Now go do something that's active and makes you happy! You're going to do great.
whiningawayxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #12  
ShrinkingHottie

S/C/G: 250.6/See success slider!!/137

I had 100 pounds to lose...now I "only " have 90...You can do it!
JDTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153/135.5/120

Hi jennifer,

I also found my inspiration looking at pictures taken at a wedding, where cameras can't be avoided. I realized that I've been deluding myself into thinking I haven't been gaining THAT much weight until the irrefutable photographic proof came in.

Yes, it's a daunting task. But I realized that if I keep putting it off, it's always going to be a daunting task. The only way to make it loom a little less is to get started. If you haven't yet, go check out the progress photo albums. Seeing the progress there really psychs me up sometimes.
maydaymayday911 is offline   Reply With Quote