Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-09-2011, 11:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 201/171/145

Height: 5'6

Default Any moms of small kids?

Hi, I just joined today. I have two young boys (age 1 and 3) which makes it a little hard to count calories at the moment! I just have a hard time finding time to write stuff down.

I lost my pregnancy weight but am not where I was when I got married if that makes sense. I would love to lose an additional 26 pounds to get there. So excited to find this site!
Nutterbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I also have a 1 and 3 year old. I count calories, and plan my day in the morning and enter everything on fitday. It takes probably 5 minutes or so. I do sometimes change things up a bit as the day progresses, and just keep it in my head and update it as I can. I find exercising challenging, as you well know kids this young keep you busy ALL the time! I also work full-time, from a home office, and some days are really chaotic...I do have help around to care for the kids usually while I am working though, but being at home I am usually involved in whatever catastrophe is going on at the moment. Anyways welcome!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Welcome. I have a almost 2 year old daughter. She'll be 2 on March 27. I always tally my foods on a piece of paper when I'm preparing it. I started out doing 1800 calories, so I'd do 400 for breakfast, 500 lunch and 600 dinner, and do a mid-morning snack, afternoon, and evening snack of 100 calories each. I tend to have "go-to" meals that I fix a lot, so I automatically know the calorie count. A lot of days I don't need to count because I'm eating the same thing I already know the totals for.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:10 PM   #4  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

welcome!
as active as you are, you may just need some weight training(full body workouts) 2 or 3 times a week. try the new rules of weight lifting for women from your library. you can also google some routines. any strength training takes almost no time. easily done in 20 min. during their nap, or before they wake up.

for meals i recamend making much of your food ahead of time. use a slow cooker, portion it out, then you don't have to worry so much about counting. many members do this with a lot of success. you may also find that cc isn't for you, and other plans work better for you. eating mostly whole foods like on south beach, or exchange programs.

in a pinch try using veggie burgers(you can also make your own), tuna/salmon pouches, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, roasted veggies. ex-green beans have almost no calories.

Last edited by katy trail; 03-09-2011 at 12:11 PM.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 270?/See Ticker/185

Height: 5'9"

Yeah, I live on veggie burgers (Gardenburger's Garden Veggie is my fav) on a toasted light whole wheat english muffin, light cheese. 360 calories.

Get a food scale. I got the biggest loser one that is 20.00. I use it all the time, and is super easy.

I agree with Katy on the strength training and toning. I do the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels' every other day, and I love what it has done for my body. Plus, it is short. 30 minutes total. You could do it before the kids are up in the morning.
fattymcfatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #6  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

http://www.stumptuous.com/workout-1
example of new rules workout

this is a great article:http://www.stumptuous.com/workout-for-the-time-poor
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 310/292/180

Height: 5'7

Welcome! I have a 4 year old little girl. The hardest thing for me is I am so used to finishing up whatever she doesn't eat.. like the crust of her grilled cheese or left over nuggets.. I am trying to stay strong and concentrate on what I am eating.

Good luck and congrats on losing your baby weight! Thats a very hard thing to do!
Tamlynne31 is offline   Reply With Quote