Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-02-2011, 07:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Hello everyone!! New member here... doing Medifast!

Hey everyone.. I am new to this site.. and also new to Medifast.. sort of. I did it about 2 years ago, but only got through about 2.5 weeks. UGH.. all I could think of was food.. but this time is different. I have gone through alot of changes in my life since then, divorced after 15 years of marriage etc.. and it is time to do this for MEEEE!

I started the MF 2/15/11 and to date I have lost 14 lbs. Go me! I am so excited. The first month of food was given to me by my best friend's mom who was doing it and stopped. So I didn't get to choose anything... but so far the only thing I haven't liked is the Cream of Broccoli Soup. UGH.. though I don't think I would care for that if it wasn't diet food! haha I am loving the pretzels.. Honey Mustard and Cinnamon. The Brownies are good.. and Choc. Pudding. The Chicken and Wild Rice Soup is good... so is the Beef Stew. The Chili wasn't too bad, I added a bit too much Chili Powder the first time around.. will have to try again.

I have been overweight for years.. slowly gaining more and more. When I got married in '95 my wedding dress was a size 3. After our daughter was born, I pretty much went back to my pre-pregnancy weight, all but for a few pounds... but I thought I was HUGE. So sad now, to think back on that. I would give anything to be that size again. Wow. 15 years of a very rocky marriage and a terrible divorce later, I am where I am. Not in a good place.

I have been talking to a guy I 'used' to know about 20 years ago. We hung out alot.. he dated a friend of mine briefly, but we were always pretty close and got along well. He asked me out then, but I was head over heels in love with my now ex husband, plus it would have been awkward due to him having dated my close friend. So we just remained friends. And then lost touch for a long time. I recently ran across his brother on Facebook and asked about him... and his brother gave me his number. We have been talking for almost 6 weeks.. daily. For HOURS at a time. The problem is, he remembers what I used to look like. I have sent him a couple pics on his cell phone.. just head shots though. So it isn't like he is totally unaware of my weight. And I have told him I am overweight.. but he told me, he is 'not attracted to women who are overweight'.. yet when we talk, he says alot of things that makes me feel like he is interested.. possibly very interested. I am not sure how to pursue the situation.

Sorry for writing a book here.. lol I just meant it to be an intro... not a biography. :P

I look forward to meeting lots of friends!!!
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 08:09 PM   #2  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Hi Pink, welcome to 3FC! :-) Congrats on your weight loss so far and I can tell that you definitely have the motivation to get to your goal!! Woohoo!! And if you stick with us, we'll be the support system you'll need if you are ever feeling down.....and we'll be here to pat your back when you are bragging about how awesome you are doing!

I read what you wrote and I think we are one in the same. We are losing weight and getting healthy for ourselves first and foremost but let's admit that we are also doing it for, eh hem, a MAN! *wink* My story, kinda cliche, is I had met this guy over the internet last year. I'm in the States and he's in Canada. We are JUST friends (seriously, not romantic at all) but when I sent him pics of myself, they were ----ssshhhh----- photoshopped! I didn't think much about it because I didn't think I'd ever meet him in real life but an opportunity to see him at the end of May has come up. I started my diet FOR ME before I knew we would be meeting but I gotta admit that he's added another layer of motivation. I'm not typically one to deceive people and I guess this is my way of righting a wrong. :-) I WILL be that person in that fake photo!

Anyway, I wish you luck in your weight loss journey and keep your eye on that prize!

-Shannon

Last edited by ShanIAm; 03-02-2011 at 08:10 PM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:19 PM   #3  
On a mission

S/C/G: 14/14/7 (sizes)

Height: 5'2

Hello and welcome
Mindless Games is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 166/see ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

hooray medifast! make sure you read the boards at mymedifast. they have great tips and ideas!
jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 04:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 306/301/150

Height: 5'7"

Aw Shannon, I am so glad to hear your story!! And yes, you WILL be that person in that picture!! That is so funny, I would have NEVER thought to do something like that.. photoshop a picture.. haha. I am not very crafty with those kinds of programs anyway. I am in kind of the same situation somewhat... my daughter goes to Columbus for surgery March 18th.. like 2 weeks.. and that is where my guy friend lives... so we decided to go up a day early and get a hotel so he and I can meet up and hang out a little bit. I am SOOOO freaking nervous. I am just very self conscious.. I have no self esteem whatsoever... and his remark.. about not finding overweight women attractive... ugh. BUT, like I also said, he has said some things that really makes me think he is interested.. and might be able to move past my weight, at least temporarily. His ex wife is my height and weighs 118 lbs.. even after three kids. Grrr! lol But I just keep thinking to myself, I can do this!! It is going to take a little time.. but I CAN and will do this. And not for him, for ME.. even though, like you said, he gives me a little more incentive.. which I actually appreciate. My sister said I should just get a couple full body shots and send them to him... in advance. So I can stop worrying. My biggest fear, is that when he first sees me, I am going to see disappointment in his eyes. That will break my heart. And I have no idea how to prepare myself for that.

Thank you Mindless Games and jmko for the welcomes!!! I am so excited to be here.. and I just can't wait to DO this!!!

~Jennifer
Pinkhorseofcourse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:09 AM   #6  

Hi there . . . !!!
Nice to read that , congratulations to you .
Arshavin is offline   Reply With Quote