Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #1  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Arrow Even the longest journey begins with a single step, right?

So. Here I am! My first step.

Well, technically, I've tried this before. Many times! But, never with any real support, so I've always found myself standing back in this place at Square One time and time again. Needless to say, it's been a frustrating pursuit. My biggest issue has always been the missing gene of self-motivation, so I've decided that maybe a bit of outside influence may be beneficial. Seeing as how my husband and I are stationed in the middle of nowhere in Oklahoma, hundreds of miles away from any of our families and friends (I'm from Northern California, and he's from Georgia)...I figured finding something online would be my best bet.

Which is what brought me here. Every search I've done about online support forums always included this site somewhere in the result, or something you have pay for, or places like sparkpeople.com, etc. This one seemed to be the coziest and easiest to navigate...so, I hope you all don't mind if I join in as I stick my nose in here and see what it's all about, lol.

I'm not sure what else one should include in an introduction here other than a basic idea of a plan-of-action, which - for me, personally - is still very loosely being forumlated at the moment. I was thinking about doing the 6WBM (Six Week Body Makeover) Program, because of the tailored eating and workout aspect. Any thoughts or suggestions on that? Not sure how well it would convert for working with a vegetarian, which I am. Also, I'm not looking at it in a "in six weeks my body will be perfect like the people on TV" perspective -- I realize that it's just a jumpstart, and anyone who loses as much weight as I need to will spend a lot of time and energy making it happen safely and permanently. I'm looking for a lifestyle change, not a crash diet.

That being said, I suppose I should state that I have well over 100 pounds to lose. About 130 to be exact. So, this is going to be a hard-fought, uphill battle. But, it's what I want. And, even more than that, it's what I need. I am not healthy, and that's not fair to me OR the ones I love. Especially to my husband, whom I've already made 50th anniversary date plans with...so, I have to make sure that I'm still here to make good on my promise. We only just got married this last October (after 3 years together), so that is still a long way to go!

I also would like to have children, but that is a whole other topic altogether, and I will save it for forum threads...this introduction is already getting out of hand, haha. So, let me end this here with a simple: "Hello there, I'm new here. Nice to meet you!" I think we're going to be friends.

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-28-2011 at 03:00 AM. Reason: Error.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:52 AM   #2  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to 3FC! I think you'll find this is exactly the sort of support group you're looking for. I know I sure wouldn't have made the progress I have without the wisdom and encouragement of folks here. There are just so many great people here, who have done or are trying to do just what we are. And no matter what your plan or challenges there're going to be others here who share it.

Good Luck!!!
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:59 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 168/164/135

Height: 5'2

i wrote a book for my introduction. . .i get carried away also, lol, i think i included my whole life history. . .i too am missing that gene that you mention. im 25 and looking toward 30, my husband is 10 years older than me, actually his birthday is on monday (happy b day babe! ) and he's in way better shape than me. i dont want him to have a "frumpy" younger wife, what would be the point of that, cant exactly sjow me off in that state, haha, anywaym i joined yesterday and i do love the idea of making friends that understand my struggle. ive attempted this whole weight loss thing many many times, i always give up, but this time i am determined to win. my goal is to be 135 by my birthday on July 9th, that way i can spend the rest of my 20's being hot lol. good luck beginning your journey, im here if youd like to talk
nurse2be03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

We have a very active vegetarian group here. They're very clever about modifying various food plans. I'm sure you'll find good info and support here.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/vegetarian-chicks-121/
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 03:26 AM   #5  
|| Casey ||

Thanks for the warm welcomes, you guys. Also, thanks for the tip, Srmb60...I'll make sure to check that out!

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-30-2011 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:23 AM   #6  
Running for my life

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome ophelia!
There is such great support here. I did nothing but read everything here for the first couple of months. There are so many great tips, success stories and inspiration.

It sounds like you already have a sound plan in mind and that you are open to tweaking it when necessary. I also like that you realize that you are in this for the long haul. Slow and steady truly does win this race.

I look forward to hearing of your progress. Best wishes on your journey.
milmin2043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:18 AM   #7  
|| Casey ||

Hey milmin2043...yeah, I think that's what I'm going to start doing first. Absorb as much as I can here and start working on my plan. I'm hoping to *officially* start my new lifestyle on the 1st or the following Monday. I get paid in a couple days, so I think that's when I'm going to go out for my new grocery list and get some supplies.

Also, I think I may have a workout buddy lined up in the near future(yay!)...which will be nice, because I don't have a lot on-hand here in my home. And, frankly, the idea of going to a gym alone seems a little intimidating at the moment. I don't want to let my entire workout plan be dependent on someone else's schedule though, so eventually I will have to make myself comfortable going solo. Baby steps are allowed in the beginning though, right?? Haha.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome! It's nice to meet you, as well.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 213/202/170

Height: 6'0

hey there! Just wanted to say welcome. Im from Ok too and also 25.....about to be 26 yay! Lol but anyways welcome
oklahomachick26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:03 PM   #9  
|| Casey ||

Lol, that's actually funny...guess it was meant to be that we both found this place, huh? Must be something in the water here in OK, haha. Thanks for the welcome...and, welcome to you, too!

Last edited by opheliaphoenix; 01-31-2011 at 03:04 PM.