Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 291/284/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Just feeling really discouraged today.

Hi all, I'm new and hate to start out on a negative note, but I'm just feeling really discouraged today. I've been dieting for about 3 weeks (1600 calories a day, trying to exercise a min of 4 times a week at the gym and 30 min of walking 5 times a week).

The first week I lost 6 lbs, and was feeling really great, the second I gained 1, and this week I've creeped down about a half a lb. I'm very hard on myself and I feel like I'm beating myself up. Today at my desk I spontaneously sprouted tears with absolutely no instigation.

Generally this is just about the time I'd eat myself into a cheesecake coma. But that's not really the route I want to take. Do any of you feel this way? How do you shake the blues?
webgirl8369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

It is so easy to get discouraged over the scale and allow what the number said to control our day and then put us back into the cycle of we don't like the scale so we might as well eat etc. You CAN get past this and not eat the cheescake, if you do the scale will move downward again. It is just a matter of adjusting and this takes alot of mental work as well. Don't give up! You can continue to do this and get past this!
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:18 PM   #3  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

WELCOME WEBGIRL!!

first of all, you are off to a GREAT start!! the most important choice, was to start!! so applaud yourself because many talk the talk, but here you are walking the walk!! SO HUG YOURSELF BECAUSE YOU ARE AWESOME!!

its hard....to stay focused...its even harder...when you have those ugly feelings...and they just come...without warning!!
we all need motivation!!
just keep reading posts!!

why don't you come on over to the TBL RED TEAM CHAT THREAD...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/bigg...17-1-23-a.html

its too late to sign up for the winter challenge, but you can still post everything with us, as an honorary unofficial member...and it helps keep you on track and motivated!! you can post in the weigh in thread, and the nutritional thread and we are all in this together.

also...look up a lady ONAMi....she has had one amazing journey and also lives in jville!! i grew up there!

just come here anytime you need inspiration, encouragement, a hug or two of a thousand!!! THERE ARE SOME AMAZING LADIES here on 3fc...

hugs
susan

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 01-21-2011 at 12:22 PM.
rainbowsmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 09:05 PM   #4  
TankiniPotential55

S/C/G: ?/158/140

Height: 5'5"

Dear Webgirl,

Here's some 'food for thought' for you...

Phase of Moon: This past week the moon got full, and that means that tides got higher, and, believe it or not, the moon also acts on women's bodies. Water is retained, and it can cause a huge weight gain that has nothing to do with fat.

Phase of Month: Also, weight depends on where you are in your cycle, as the bloating with PMS is simply water weight as well. You just wait--next week the scale will show a dramatic drop.

Phase of Lifestyle Change: I too am just beginning my fourth week of changing my eating and exercising habits, and I found last week terribly hard. They say that most people who start a new routine in January usually give it up by week 3, so there must be a 'wall' that is hit at that point. Our bodies are telling us that they don't like the change, and are probably feeling yukky b/c the usual foods aren't going in so there's a cleanse happening. Once our bodies get used to the change, they will love it. So, sticking with it, as you and I did (hurrah!) means that we will get past 'the wall', and start to feel better.

I'm wondering, also, is your 1600 calorie diet approved by a nutritionist/dietician? That sounds awfully low for someone who is working out as much as you are. Our bodies go into starvation mode and metabolism is slowed right down if we don't eat enough for the amount of activity we do. That will cause weight gain. It TOTALLY sounds counter-intuitive, but eating more of the right things is better than starving.

Are you getting your calories from fresh foods? Many people are sensitive to wheat (not just gluten), so that could be a factor too. I'm on the South Beach Diet, which I love, and am now trying to up my exercise (I've figured out how to eat as often as they suggest, as I commute between jobs, and that's 1/2 the battle).

I wish you well in this journey, Webgirl! Let us know how you do--we're all rooting for you!
TankiniPotential55 is offline   Reply With Quote