Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-22-2011, 01:37 PM   #1  
Nothing Can Stop Me!

S/C/G: 240/227/180

Height: 5'4"

Default 2011 means time for a healthier me!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jessica! I've been wanting to lose weight for so long and a few years I dropped from a size 26 to a size 18 just because I had a new job which kept me walking all the time. I actually got down to a 16 but once I got my car and no longer had to walk to catch the bus and such i went up.

I'm 5'4" and around 240, though I apparently don't look it since everyone at work was pretty shocked when i said that. My weight loss goal for the year is 60 lbs which will put me close to what my doctor says I should be. I really need to lose 100 lbs, but I think if I lose that much I will look sickly. So 60 it is and then I'll see how i feel.

My brother recently got the Kinect and I've been having a blast using the Your Shape, Dance Central and a few of the other games we have for it. I will say this is what sparked my motivation and put it into high gear! I already have a friend that's beyond supportive and is going to be my gym buddy.

I work full time, as a manager at movie theater, and the rest of time is spend going to college.

Working out will not be the hard part, the hard part for me is going to be changing my eating habits. With the way my schedule is i eat so unhealthy and that's when i eat. It's easy to snack at work and we eat out so often it kills me. All though I have cut down on that, I couldn't tell you the last time I had anything from McDonalds.

I'm so happy I found this forum just because it will be nice to have extra support.

And just because it's always nice to have a face to go with a name, this is me with my best friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12301_10150115106810627_616230626_11489963_2549944_n.jpg (27.8 KB, 16 views)
Sarcasm Queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #2  
Knocking down walls.

S/C/G: 278/ticker/125

Hi Sarcasm Queen!

Small changes seem to be the easiest to adapt to and to stick with for a lot of people, and it sounds like you've already started making some for yourself by not eating out so much. Good luck!

Last edited by theox; 01-22-2011 at 04:09 PM.
theox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:04 AM   #3  
Nothing Can Stop Me!

Thank you!

Yeah that's why my goal is for the year because I know I can make slow changes and that will easily become permanent in that time frame.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:15 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hey Jessica!

Gosh, it sounds like you have a great attitude toward making small, permanent changes...that's the best place to start.

We have lots of forums to help you stick on track with your eating plan, including those that are plan-specific...do you know how you're going to be handling your eating? We also have forums by age range, so look around.

Anyway, I'm so glad you found us. Can't wait to get to know you better!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:48 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

Good luck with your efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #6  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Hey, Sarcasm Queen--love the user name.

You don't look like you weigh 240 to me, either--but as someone who started around there and also wore it well, I can tell you that you will absolutely feel a difference in how your clothes fit and how your energy levels rise even with a few pounds lost. It's been amazing.

Anyway, looking forward to hearing of your continuing success. Glad you're here!
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 206/205.1/145

Height: 5'4

Smile

Hello, Jessica!!
I'm new to the forum as well, but welcome!!

I also LOVE my Kinect and actually, I prefer Kinect Sports. The only problem is that I live on the top floor of my apartment and I'm sure that my neighbors don't appreciate me jumping on their heads. I even called my apartment complex and talked to the manager to find out my tenant rights about exercising in my apartment! LOL! I am not a great dancer so I don't own Dance Central, but if you ever get Kinect Sports or want to Video Chat, I'm here for you!

Exercising is not my problem (when I do it) but I'm like you - it's about learning healthy eating habits! I'm sure you'll figure out something that works best for you!

Good luck and keep in touch!
-Jenn
jcook1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 AM   #8  
Nothing Can Stop Me!

Aw thank you everyone!

I'm still working on the food thing. For right now I'm going with calorie counting, and keeping track of what I eat each day, how much I burn when i exercise and such.

Today I tried making sure to eat something every 4 hours, which really helped curb my desire to even want to snack. All though we have Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream at work and it was calling my name but I resisted because I kept telling myself that I wasn't hungry (which I wasn't) and I honestly didn't need it.

Jenn: I've got Kinect Sports too and I play it from time to time. I'm not a great dancer (well I am but dancing in a club is a little different from the dancing on DC) but for DC you don't really need to be every song has a breakdown section for each level. I just noticed your location! I used to live in Overland Park!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:06 AM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

We have a great Calorie Counters forum, if you want to hop in there. Lots of great advice on how to incorporate counting into your lifestyle, and plenty of success stories of calorie counters.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote