Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #1  
drinking lots of water!

S/C/G: 231.5/215/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face my butt has its own zipcode! :(

i realized it is time to be serious, my co-worker whispered to herself "that is a fat ***" as she passed me and didnt realize i heard her. i just had a baby and gained 60 pounds and i was about overweight to start.

i am suprised i didnt get upset at her for the comment instead i am mad at myself for always eating too much and obsessing over food. i am done with that and want to get my body ready to have another baby and not go overboard this time. btw... i am`also using the bodybugg. good luck everyone! i am lookind forward to this new adventure!
IslaAzure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:45 PM   #2  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/145/130

Height: 5'7

Default You are refreshing!

Good for you, IslaAsure!!! GOOD FOR YOU!!!! I am very moved by the fact you chose to take responsibility for your own condition rather than asking all of us to "feel your pain", and all weigh in on your coworker's statement and say, "She shouldn't have said that".

People say, judge, think whatever, and we have no control over it. Instead of dwelling on that, you focused on what you can control, namely your own behavior. Good for you! Your motivation is the best: to be healthy for a new baby..Not sure how new you are to 3FC, but if you have not read the stories of some of the best of the best, there are some awesome success stories..read RockinRobin, LoriBell..and if you are looking for the "head" solutions, the behavior modification of Dr. Judith Beck, please join us on the Beck Diet Solutions thread.

You go, girl.
maryblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:39 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Best of luck to you!
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:22 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 290.6/278.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome! The title of your thread makes me think of my own butt. I had a co-worker tell me "you have a lot of junk in your trunk" which was a polite way of saying I have a huge backside. She's right. I know you can reach your goals!
CourtneyDaisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:59 AM   #6  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

Oh, honey...better a fat *** than a fat mouth like your co-worker has! You can always lose weight, but she can't shake her rotten behavior half as easily as you'll shed the pounds.

You're in the right place to get some great support and advice. Glad you're here and I hope to hear of your successes soon.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:01 PM   #7  
drinking lots of water!

thanks for the words of encouragement! i am pumped!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/219/145

It sounds like we are very similar. I had a baby 10 months ago and was at my heaviest ever too (gaining 60 lbs on top of what I already weighed). I'm 225 now and want to be down to 145....care to motivate eachother? Let me know if you need a friend to chat back and forth about weightloss and life in general. I have gained and lost weight more times than I'd like to count but this time I want to lose it for good and change my way of thinking about food and exercise for a lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslaAzure View Post
i realized it is time to be serious, my co-worker whispered to herself "that is a fat ***" as she passed me and didnt realize i heard her. i just had a baby and gained 60 pounds and i was about overweight to start.

i am suprised i didnt get upset at her for the comment instead i am mad at myself for always eating too much and obsessing over food. i am done with that and want to get my body ready to have another baby and not go overboard this time. btw... i am`also using the bodybugg. good luck everyone! i am lookind forward to this new adventure!
janet1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 213/211/140

Height: 5' 2"

First things first! Your subject line made me smile. I feel the same way about my backside. As for the co-worker, I agree with Nola. You can lose weight. Chances are, it will be more difficult for her to lose her negativity. Use it as wood for the fire! I need to start doing that too. I need to remember the negative things I hear from that nasty person (I have a nice one too) that lives inside my head and says things that hurt me. I need to use those words as incentive to move and eat right. Good luck!
tomsgirl34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I've been a MOD here for well over ten years and that has to be the best Intro title ever!

Congratulations and .
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #11  
drinking lots of water!

janet, definitely would love to motivate each other! i also need help navigating this site. it is so encouraging! i really hope i stick with and could use a buddy! is there a way to message each other? also how do i find posts that i posted?
thanks,
danielle
Old 01-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #12  

I know what you mean. It's not the easiest and I'm kinda new here too. I think we can message eachother after we've been active on the forums enough. I'm not positive though. We could always exchange emails but that means posting it in a public place so that might not be a good idea....

Well, let me know how you want to do it...but I need some serious motivation and help staying on track. How did you do today, by the way?
Old 01-13-2011, 10:20 AM   #13  

IslaAzure, if you add me to your buddy list, we may be able to start sending private messages. Can you try?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:43 PM   #14  
drinking lots of water!

janet, when did you join? i guess we can chat on this thread also....that should work. i didn't do so hot yesterday but not bad....just not much of a calorie deficiet. i am doing the body bugg so i now what my calories out vs calories in is. i really like it but i have to be deligent about writing and being HONEST about what i eat. today, i was really good. i did my 5 star yoga class and on track for my 2.5pound loss a week track.
what diet are you following? how did you do today?
Old 01-13-2011, 08:46 PM   #15  
drinking lots of water!

janet,
Tickers, signatures, and private messages are restricted for new members. You need to be here for 20 days, and have at least 20 posts, after which they will be enabled.

i'm assuming since you have a ticker, you've been here for at least 20 days?