Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 178/175/138

Height: 5'7"

Post Need a fresh start!

Hello everyone!
I am a 34 year old full-time working mother of 3 children (6, 4, and 2) with a very supportive and loving husband. 3 years ago, about a year after having my second child, I lost nearly all of the baby weight and ran a 10k. I was about 3 pounds shy of my goal weight of 138 (but never quite made it).
Since then, I got a new job, completed graduate school, and had a third child and have not been able to pull it together with my health and my weight. I feel so overwhelmed with most of my life that the thought of trying to put all that effort into planning meals and exercising starts to cause panic attacks.

Recently, my kidney dr put me on medication and a low sodium diet because my body just does not process sodium correctly. I am way too young to be ruining my kidneys and want to be healthy for my kids, so I need all the support and motivation I can get to get back on track with my health.

I have done SB diet before with success but don't necessarily want to go back to that strict of a diet. My mom does WW, but I have never felt like it was the right place for me. I am sort of making things up as I go with my diet and not sticking to any "plan" exactly and am hoping to find some support here.

I look forward to meeting people!!
Stretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:57 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 255.5/196/158

Height: 5'7"

Welcome stretch. I am on the belly fat cure and love it. It is a low sugar semi low carb plan. The concept is to reduce sugars to 15 grams per day including fruits and vegetables. You are also allowed up to 120 grams of carbs per day. Anything between 5-20 grams counts as one serving and you are allowed six servings per day. so it is 15/6. We also don't do white food. If you are interested there is a lot of information on utube and a book by Jorge Cruise. There is also a very good blog by a gal named Amanda called meandjorge.com. Good luck with whatever you choose
kittycarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #3  

We have almost the same goal stats! You can so do this! A 10 K...wow. I usually only run to the refrigerator. Hee hee.

As for the planning/panic thing, take some baby steps...one thing at a time. I set up three weeks worth of healthy meals and then rotate them...batch cooking and freezing some helps when things get hectic. Just walk when the panic hits...walk around your house until you calm down then go from there.
Martipants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 170/166.4/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi - I'm Zinger. Married for 20 years, and in my 40's. I'm a mom to 2 teen age kids and work a full time job. Also, I am taking online classes to finish my bachelors degree. So! I stay pretty busy. This is my first time on BFC, and only my first day on the menu. I think I did pretty good, but will have to look up a few things in the book and journal it out. I think once I do it for a few days, it will be a little easier.

Tonight - everyone seemed famished when I got home. All I heard is 'Whats for dinner?' LOL I had to take a deep breath, and reserve myself from making something quick... I have to browse the recipes a little more and go shopping with Jorges list this weekend. But I'm ready!

Nice to meet you all.
Zinger is offline   Reply With Quote