Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #1  
Backwoods Misanthropist

S/C/G: 189.8

Height: 5'8"

Default Ready to lose it.

Hi everyone.

I'm a 24, almost 25 year old stay at home mom and student. My son is 22 months old.

Historically I have always been skinny. In fact, before getting married I was so thin that I was often accused of being unhealthy. I weighed around 122 pounds on my wedding day. I never envisioned getting this out of control to myself. I put on some weight after I got married, but finally looked healthy for the first time.

On the day I gave birth to my son, March 31, 2009, I was 181 pounds. I managed to get myself back down to 165, and then I don't know what happened. A love of food, and a love of sedentary activities and napping with my baby boy, I suppose. As of today I am 189.9.

My goal is to get back down to about 150. I have tried several different things over the last year, including going to the gym, at home work out videos, I tried running and biking, but it's hard for me to stay motivated. I am one of those folks who unfortunately likes to see immediate results and I give up too easily. I hardly know the first thing about dieting and the mere idea typically makse me sad as I have always ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.

I am hoping the more I get involved this time the more likely I will be to succeed. I have a very large friend of mine who is going to start working out with me this very evening, we will be doing the p90x program together. I really want to meet my goal. I want to enjoy wearing clothes again, I want the energy to keep up with my toddler, and I want to feel like my husband isn't secretly wishing I would be the thin girl he married four years ago. Also, I want to get into good health to expand my family again after I graduate, and that includes being at a healthy weight! (so then I can work hard to lose it all again, lol)

I guess that's enough out of me. Good luck to all of you in losing and maintaining as well. I have seen some of the tickers around here showing how much weight some of you have lost, and it makes me proud of people I don't even know!
rhondaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome!

If you are unsure which food plan you'd like to try, do a bunch of reading. Find some posters that you can identify with, search recipes, post, ask questions. There are folks here who can help you with just about any healthy plan there is ... and we're happy to help.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM   #3  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey I am also 24 and my goal is close to yours. I am currently doing South Beach Diet. It's been successful for me in the past as well as for my family and friends. I would read into all the diets out there and decide which one is best for you and your lifestyle.

I hope that you find all the information you need here at 3FC and just know we all are here to support each other!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #4  
momofboyz97

S/C/G: 292/292/155

Height: 5ft4in

I am a newbie here too! Good luck to ya!
momofboyz97 is offline   Reply With Quote