Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-28-2010, 03:31 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/221/145

Height: 5'8

Default A Re Re-Introduction

So I'm back again...
This is my third time restarting on the forums here and lets hope that the third times the charm.
I really thought the second time was, I was doing so well- lost nearly 50 pounds in about 7 months.
But I am not going to dwell on the fact that I didn't keep it up and have gained nearly 40 back in the last 5 months. Life somehow manages to get in the way of things and between moving this last summer and recieving a promotion to an extremely stressful position with a horrendous commute attached to it, I stopped caring about myself again.
None of my "new" clothes fit anymore I just realized that this week and I have to do something about it. The realization really hit me this morning when I was trying to find work pants and they were all too tight. So I'm sitting here, with my pants unbottoned (because they are too tight to button) sipping water in attempts of flushing out last nights Panda Express disaster.
I should have stopped myself sooner, but it was too easy to drown myself in self pity and cinnamon rolls. So here we are again.
A little better off than the last time around, but with still a **** of a long way to go.
IrishRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #2  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

It happens to all of us. what matters is that you've realized that you're ready for change!
Good luck and keep working hard!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 08:54 PM   #3  

IrishRose - I'm quite certain there are MANY of us here who know how/what you're feeling. My Bro-in-law explained something to me that you may find useful...

Each lb. that we take off OR maintain -keeps us that much further from topping our highest weight -so if you were 240 lbs. 7 months ago - you could be 250 or more today -instead you're 232 -so you actually have a head start!!

Perhaps a bit skewed in his thinking - but I find it useful when I start getting negative about losing the same lbs. over and over again.

Glad you're stopping the gaining cycle here and now -best of luck -L.
newbieblogger3 is offline   Reply With Quote