Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-27-2010, 01:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Height: 5'6"

Default Hello! New member :)

Hi, I'm a new member. I work full time and I have two children, ages 2 and 10 months. They're the reason I'm here

I never had weight issues until I had children. I was 135 until I got pregnant with my oldest, and I was pretty happy with that weight. I was attempting to lose the excess weight from my first pregnancy when I discovered I was expecting #2 (surprise!).

Now that my baby is almost not a baby anymore, I can't use the "baby weight" excuse, and its time to step up and lose the weight. My family is not very supportive and I guess they don't understand why this is such a struggle for me, so I need some extra support. I know I don't have a lot to lose, but I am severely lacking motivation and willpower. The lack of support at home is definitely not helping me.

I'm looking forward to posting with you all!
IrishErin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #2  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Hey Erin I'm sorry to hear that your family isn't very supportive, but know that you are out to seek the best for your health. Motivation and willpower are huge milestones to reach before obtaining any kind of weight loss. Take some time out and make a list of reasons why it's important to be healthy. For your kids? To live longer? To not be at risk of overweight complications? To fit into a cute dress? I've done this and it had motivated me each time I felt like quitting. Good luck and I hope we can support each other!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #3  

Thanks, Martha! It's nice to meet you!

I am definitely here to fit into lots of cute dresses

Back fat and muffin tops are usually not very flattering though...

I'm so excited to be skinny!
Old 12-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #4  
Zumba Freak :)

S/C/G: 267/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishErin View Post

Back fat and muffin tops are usually not very flattering though...
Haha this made me laugh because I am always saying I'm a proud supporter of the muffin top!
martha328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:51 PM   #5  
Lazy Daisy

S/C/G: 158/see ticker/128

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi IrishErin
We are in the same boat. I was also 135 before I got pregnant with my daughter. I returned to that weight shortly after her birth but my weight has been steadily creeping up since then (she is 5). My goal weight is now 128. Just want to go down a pant size and have them fit a little loose. I also would like my arms to fit in my shirts again! good luck, I'll see you around the forum!
lazydaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:56 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 175/175/150

I am also new and look forward to hearing success stories and getting motivation from others. Back fat and muffin top....LOL I would love to lose those parts. What are your plans to lose these last few pounds?
Rachaelfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:33 PM   #7  

I'm planning on following a low-cal diet my friend did. She went from a size 16 to a size 4 in 8 months. She also does zumba 5 times a week. She's sending me some dvds so I hope they work for me!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:40 PM   #8  

S/C/G: SW173/CW164.5/GW140

Height: 5'3"

Same boat here...except I was heavy when i had my two kids. Lost a bunch then gained a bunch back and now I'm back at it. But I didn't have much support from my family. It was not intentional by any means they just didn't want to "diet". Whatever....LOL

Welcome!!!
justjen78 is offline   Reply With Quote