3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Introductions

Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-11-2010, 03:55 AM   #1

Default I want to be a "New Me"

Hi all! I quit smoking in October and you know I did gain weight. I was over weight before and now I am a whopping 100 pounds over weight. I would like to lose some weight.

don't know how to do the ticker thingy yet but I am 5'2" and weigh 226. My mini goal is to weigh 199.....that's under the 200 mark. that would make me happy.

I am going to a free WW meeting today. Lets see how that goes.

BTW, I was on phentermine for 3 months now and NOTHING changed. I have a very huge appetite. I need a lot of food. I've tried all the tricks, you know....drinking a lot of water and filling up on fruit and vegs, BUT I still need a boat load of carbs in order to feel right.

so any advice would be appreciated.

thank you for reading!!!!!

Tessajetta
tessajetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Always glad to see another five twoer!!!

Congratulations on giving up smoking, it sounds like you're really getting to grips with a new you!

It'll probably be a case of trial error, finding a plan that works for you, it certainly was for me. And yes, finding ways to either curb your appetite or learn to live with it. I'm currently eating 45% carbs and losing well. None of the carbs are cakes or cookies or candy; but they are bread and rice and potatoes - carbs don't have to be the enemy!

Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #3
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hi Tessa and ! Snoop around and you'll find lots of support and good information on this Forum.

When you've been here 20 days and have made 20 posts, you will be able to add a ticker to your profile so settle in and post a lot. The ticker will be here in what seems like no time. It'll be a good start to 2011.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle

Transformation in Pictures

My Facebook

Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
- Conrad Hilton

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietitian, nutritionist, any kind of health professional or fitness expert...I'm just a woman who's lost 161.5 pounds so far with a lot of hard work.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:40 PM   #5

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Tessa- I am so happy you quit smoking. That is such a good step for your health. If you want a boatload of carbs you are going to have to do a boat load of exercise... is what I would say. My first step in my diet was to eliminate pasta, rice, potatoes, bread and refined sugar. Saved me at least 500 calories a day and I replaced with apples, broccolli and tomatoes!

Oh and if water doesn't work for you maybe try Crystal Light. The strong flavor of it really gives me a sense of fullness and satisfaction. Message me if you want to be pals!

stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #6
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

HI!
to 3FC
It sounds like you are a carb addict. How ever you ever thought about trying the Atkins way of life? It's not ALL meat like most people think. It has worked wonderfully for me . There are several forums here that cater to specific diets and ways of life. Check them out. You will probally find one that's what you're looking for.
Hugs and support on your weight loss journey

Judy

One for every 5lbs GONE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #7

Hi Tessa,
Welcome! I agree that carbs don't need to be the enemy. I'm a HUGE cereal fan, and usually it can hurt me because I binge eat on it, but I'm trying to eat it in moderation (it's a sloooow process for me to get back to eating healthy, normal-sized meals). Anyway, Kashi GoLean stuff is deeelish (in my opinion), and there are lots of low-cal breads out there, so you don't have to deprive yourself. Good luck with the journey! Let me know how things go!
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote