Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM   #1  

Default In it for real, 34 lbs. gone since mid September!

In September I started a new temporary job a few days a week. I run my own business from home and am also a stay at home Mom so this was just a fun side job. Although it was only a few days a week I was on my feet and walking around for a straight 8-9 hours a day at work. With that and the fact that I had no appetite for over a week I wondered if I may have lost a few pounds. I stepped on the scale only to discover I lost nearly 20 pounds! Can you imagine how shocked I was? I was so excited and this made me want to keep going and start watching what I eat.

For the first time I actually wanted to lose weight and stick to it. All my life I have been on diets but would only stick to them about a week. I never went on a diet 100% into it so of course they never worked. This time is different!

After realizing I had lost the 20 pounds I began to count calories. The next two weeks the weight loss was consistent and fast. I had also started taking walks almost every night. Now since the end of September I have lost 34 pounds!

Exciting things have been happening which makes me want to keep going! Last week I fit into my jeans that I wore before having my son!! I couldn't even wear jeans for over 3 years so this feels soooo good!! Hours after wearing the jeans I realized...I have pockets again to hold my cell phone! This sounds silly but the discovery was awesome and made me really happy. Another exciting thing was I could get my ring off my finger again, and fit into ones that I couldn't wear! These kinds of discoveries just keep happening! Every time one of these things happen I am so proud and it encourages me to keep going!

Last week the weight loss slowed down so I had to introduce workouts in my plan. The weight loss is still slow but I'm hoping it will pick up again! I've never really worked out like this so hopefully it will help!

I am only 3 pounds away from my first goal which is my pre-pregnancy weight! Wish me luck!

Last edited by GypsyQueen; 11-10-2010 at 06:51 PM.
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/174/110

Height: 5'1"

Congrats to you for your success so far
armywifeStacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:13 PM   #3  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Congrats!!!! Way to Go!!!
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:04 PM   #5  

Height: 5'5

congrats
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:06 AM   #6  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here and know that you will find a lot of support here!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #7  

Thank you everyone! I didnt expect to get any replies so this was awesome to come back and see!
GypsyQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 09:20 PM   #8  
I see the light....

S/C/G: 204.6/191.4/155

Height: 5'6"

WAY TO GO!!!!

Gives me hope that I can do it too! Thank you for sharing.....
PJay
PJay is offline   Reply With Quote