Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-13-2010, 11:19 PM   #1  

Default New :-D Need support!

Hi, I'm new here. I've checked out the website a few times over the past few months and decided to join.

A little about myself: I'm 24, 4'10" and weight 205 lbs. All my life I have been the chubby kid, but since my mother passed away in February 2008, I have gained around 15-20 pounds.

I have serious issues with myself, and have considered talking to a shrink but maybe being a member here and having support from people who struggle like me will help.

In my head, I honestly think that I will not live to 50 years old. My mother was 46 when she died of colon cancer, and her mother was 40 when she died from complications after heart surgery. I know that it is insane for me to think this, but honestly, it's how I feel. But I also know that if I change my life, I might not feel the same way.

My goal is to just be healthy. I want to live to see my kids graduate from college, get married, and have kids (all things which my mother and grandmother did not do). It is hard not having a mother around, especially now that I am engaged and planning a wedding. The wedding is this October, and I would love to lose 10 or so pounds by then. My overall goal is to be around 130, which is still high for my height, but I am also pretty stout and have a lot of muscle.

Of the family that I have near me, everyone is skinny. My dad's wife is tiny, and is even trying to gain weight! It's really hard to be the only fat person in a family of skinny people.

I have a gym membership at an all womens gym, but I haven't been in a while. I honestly think that I would look like an idiot in there, since I am so out of shape. I have tried a few diets before, but I think what is best for me is just eating healthier and exercising, no counting points or cutting out food groups.

Any tips, help, support, anything that you guys can give me would be the greatest. Thank you so much <3

Last edited by Short and Stout; 08-13-2010 at 11:21 PM.
Short and Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:51 AM   #3  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to 3FC!
I hated to hear that you think that your life will be short because of the early deaths of your mother and grandmother. That is an extremely defeatist attitude that may cause you to in fact create an early demise for yourself.

My husband never thought he would make it beyond age 57 because his father died at 57 from heart disease and his mother at 47 from cancer.
At age 63, he has had heart disease, cancer and diabetes but he is alive because of the many new drugs and technologies that his parents did not have. But I also think he is alive today because of his Positive Attitude. He does not give up.
You can live a long and happy life if you decide to take good care of yourself. Losing weight is one of the best things you can do to lower your risk of many diseases. I hope that you will decide to do so, and allow the great people on 3FC to advise and encourage you along the way. You need to do this: for yourself and for your future husband and your children. Good luck!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #4  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here. We are nighbors you know, I am up here in Nashville

Last edited by Losing It 2010; 08-14-2010 at 08:29 AM.
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:45 PM   #5  
300+ Chick

Hello! Good luck with your efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #6  

Thanks to all of you for your encouragement.

Carol, thanks for the kind words. I know that it is a defeatist attitude, and hopefully I can get over it soon. I'm trying my hardest to change the way I think. I know that I owe it to everyone around me: myself, my fiancee, my family, and my future children.

Thanks again and I'll be checking back daily and also checking out the forums.
Short and Stout is offline   Reply With Quote