Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 08-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 370/308.8/175

Height: 5'8

Default Newbie Here :0)

I'm 20 years old. I'm a College Student. I'll have my AA at the end of the fall and will be transferring to a four year University. (YAY!!) I'm a really laid back person who gets along with just about everyone. I love meeting people and encouraging people. I'm a huge animal lover - I own 3 rescue dogs. Some of my hobbies are reading, writing, film and photography. I think that's about all the generic information.

Now on to why I've come here. I've been a bigger girl most of my life. I wasn't considering to be severely overweight until about second grade. By the time I was in 5th grade I weighed 180lbs which is pretty outrageous. I got this big due to a number of things (some medical issues). I still struggle with some of these issues but until now I haven't made much of an effort to lose any kind of weight.

I didn't realize just how big I'd gotten until after my parents divorce. I went to the doctor and found out that at I weighed 336lbs. I was pretty devastated and floored by the number on the scale. At the time I was 18 years old. Luckily, I carry my weight rather well since I'm pretty tall for a girl so no one believed that I weighed that much just by looking at me. However, I was pretty down after receiving that number and joined a gym. At first it took a lot for me to go everyday but then things started to pick up and I went every day for about two months. I lost down to about 200 lbs which was very exciting for me. Obviously, I didn't take it serious enough because things got overwhelming and I began going to the gym less and less and then eventually canceled my membership all together.

Around two years later (this January) I decided to finally do something about my weight. I don't want to have major health issues like other members of my families. Weighing in at around 370lbs really made me realize that my weight was out of control. I decided then that I was going to make life style changes.

I started walking daily, drinking only water and cutting out greasy/fatty/fried foods. They were fairly minor changes and so far they've made a huge difference. I knew if I changed my diet completely or followed a specific plan that this change wouldn't last long at all so I made changes that worked best for me. Now I feel so much more happier and healthier. The road hasn't been easy but I've lost 40lbs between January-Late April/Early May. I've noticed the changes and more than that other people have noticed the changes and it's such an amazing feeling.

I've never been one to share my story or talk about my weight with others but I stumbled on this site and after reading a few inspiring stories decided to share my own. This community is amazing so far and has already help encourage me on the rest of my endeavor. I've had a rough last two months and was looking for more support and this site is perfect for that. I've also decided to do a blog documenting my journey, hardships and tips in order keep myself encouraged as well as others. I'm very excited about it.

For those interested here is My Blog. Feel free to follow or leave me comments if that's what you wish.

I hope to meet some great people on here. Thanks for taking time to read my introduction. xX
ShiningStar05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

Welcome to the site. Great job so far...keep up the good work!!!
Natasha1534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 06:07 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 310/229.5/200

Height: 5'4

Welcome and good Luck!
RisenDestiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 AM   #5  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:14 AM   #6  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Welcome to 3FC, we are glad you are here
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 09:42 AM   #7  

Hello and welcome to 3FC. Good luck to you in your journey and in reaching all your goals.
Magnolia Rayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 370/308.8/175

Height: 5'8

Thanks everyone!! I appreciate the support.
ShiningStar05 is offline   Reply With Quote