Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #1  

Default Hi my names Allie.

My names Allie , I'm 18 years old and I weigh 250lbs.
I started dieting a week and 3 days ago, I started at 264lbs. My weight has been controlling my life for too long. I'm so depressed about my weight, I spend all day thinking " I bet people wouldn't treat me like that if I was skinny", etc. I just want to be pretty.
When I was 15 I weighed 160lbs. I started gaining weight when I met my bf. I can't believe I've gained almost 100lbs in almost 3years
I am trying so hard to lose weight, I hardly eat. For a couple days I only ate 167 calories a day.
I make myself remember, " if you want people to think you're pretty, you can't take a bite. "
I hope I can meet supportive people on here who understand and relate!
Allie
Abuffone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #2  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Welcome. Since Chicks can be overwhelming at first, I suggest you look for a support group or challenge to join; a small group of friends to help keep you motivated. Find one you like that fits your needs, or inspires you, and just post to join.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #3  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome and good luck!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Allie and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:44 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 287/287/137

Height: 5'2"

Hi Allie.. I just joined 3FC as well. I think Penguin gave some good advice. Be kind to yourself girl. We gain our weight for many reasons and the first priority needs to be our health. I'm overwhemled ashamed embarassed but I'm taking the first of many steps, as are you. Hold your head up high and know that we are pretty at any size. Stop worrying what other people think. Your young and I remember way back when I was your age.. But trust me... The only person's opinion of yourself you need to be worrying about is your own. Do this for you , your health, and your happiness. Listen to your parents though :0)
HeddySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #6  
Exercise-addicted

S/C/G: 248

Height: 5'8

Good luck on your goals! I hope you achieve them!
serenityh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #7  
If I can; YOU Can!

S/C/G: 292/Ticker/175 height: 5'9

Height: 5'9

Never let anyone tell you youre not beautiful. Beauty is not a number. You can do this, but do it for you, not them, they are ugly people .
Scilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:33 PM   #8  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome

Allie we are glad you are here, please keep us updated on your progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abuffone View Post
My names Allie , I'm 18 years old and I weigh 250lbs.
I started dieting a week and 3 days ago, I started at 264lbs. My weight has been controlling my life for too long. I'm so depressed about my weight, I spend all day thinking " I bet people wouldn't treat me like that if I was skinny", etc. I just want to be pretty.
When I was 15 I weighed 160lbs. I started gaining weight when I met my bf. I can't believe I've gained almost 100lbs in almost 3years
I am trying so hard to lose weight, I hardly eat. For a couple days I only ate 167 calories a day.
I make myself remember, " if you want people to think you're pretty, you can't take a bite. "
I hope I can meet supportive people on here who understand and relate!
Allie
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:48 AM   #9  

Height: 5'9"

Welcome Allie!

Congrats on your weight loss so far but you need to increase your calories by a lot! You should try to eat a minimum of 1200 calories. I know it's hard because you want to get the weight off you as soon as possible but eating 167 calories a day is unhealthy and not sustainable. Good luck!
coleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:56 AM   #10  

Height: 67.7

Hi Allie!

Welcome to the forum.

I can't agree with HeddySmith more. You don't have to be skinny to be pretty! And people treat you the way you allow them to treat you - skinny or not.

Not eating enough is one of the worst things you can do if you want to lose weight. It slows down your metabolism and as your body thinks you are in a famine, it holds onto the lightest thing (fat) and burns off the heaviest thing to maintain (muscle).

Don't be scared to eat, it boosts your metabolism, and it gives you energy so that you can exercise and start burning off calories.

Make sure that you eat as healthy as possible and that you limit the take-aways and sweets. That is going to be difficult, but you have to choose what is more important for you - overeating or to lose weight.

Make sure that you have a decent breakfast every morning. Oats and eggs are one of the best breakfast choices, so is fruit salad, yogurt and muesli.

Here are more guidelines that have really worked for me:

* Make sure that most of your protein are lean protein like chicken, fish, beans and pulses and lean red meat.
* Don't avoid fat - rather stick to the healthy fats (unsaturated), like avos, olives, olive and avo oil and nuts.
* Avoid refined white starches and stick to whole-grain/wheat carbs and pastas and couscous and brown rice.
* Drink diet sodas instead of the original.
* Limit your alcohol when you want to lose weight or stick to vodka or whiskey and low calorie mixers.
* Make sure that you eat healthy snacks like fruit, nuts and fat free yogurt.
* Have lean protein for dinner with lots of veggies and salads.

I was also depressed about my weight yesterday. But do you know what made me feel better? I told myself : "You are going to lose this weight, so what does it matter what you weigh now?"
Suzie Parker is offline   Reply With Quote