Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #1  
Lets try this again

Height: 5'5

Default Then, and now on 3FC...

Hey guys I'm Alyssa and I've been a member since 2006 but havent been back in a few years to posting and have decided to start again.

Reading my old posts, and looking at my lifestyle today, makes me feel so proud and is a huge relief/laugh/undescribable feeling. I was so lost and had no drive or motivation to actually stick with anything.

Since then I have become a machine. I began calorie counting, almost religiously, and have gone from (166 at the time of old posts) to about 134. I finally have control and will power and its an amazing feeling!

For a good laugh, an old post:
Quote:
I've been struggling with my weight since early high school. Im at 166 lbs right now and 5'5. I was at 186 last October so Im doing alright. Recently I broke up with a boyfriend and have just wanted to become better for myself and my confidence. Ive moved on emotionally, its been 4 months now, and Ive met someone new. He thinks I look fine but I cant help feeling like he deserves someone smaller than me. My weight makes me so self concious. I feel like all my problems would be solved if I was skinny.

Every morning I say Im going to start my diet today. Then I get a craving and head over to the local Mexican restraunt for some cheese dip and chips followed by enchiladas supreme and a diet coke.

He left for 2 weeks yesterday and I decided I was gona kick start my weightloss. Yesterday I ate everything in the world. Today I started off well with oatmeal for breakfast, then a friend called to go to lunch. I ate better than normal but cheated alot. I just went to the YMCA and did 40 mins of cardio which I feel great about.

Heres the kicker and to sum all this rambling up: I feel like no matter what I do, my body is not going to change. I feel like one day of working out isnt going to change anything. I have absolutely no motivation to get my *** NEXT DOOR to the gym ever. Im so sick of the way I look (body wise) but I cant make myself change. Any advice?
Also it is possible to make any difference in my body in just 2 weeks?
Once I get my post count up to 25 I'll post some progress pics!
Nice to meet you all!
punkrprincessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:44 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome (back) to 3FC.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #3  

1bighog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 PM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Hi there! I'm so glad you're back!

I've done some looking over my old posts too...it's so amazing to be able to see where you're coming from.

Do you remember your way around? If not, do some exploring (some things have changed, too).

So welcome back - can't wait to get to know you again!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 01:38 AM   #5  
Lets try this again

mandalinn, Ive lurked around a bit, and hopefully Ill post in correct places. If not hopefully I wont be too much of a bother, or klutz!

Thanks for the welcomes everyone!
Old 07-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #6  
Defying Gravity

S/C/G: 172/150

Height: 5'0

Default Welcome Back

Welcome back and glad you are back, old posts can be uplifting and scary at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrprincessa View Post
Hey guys I'm Alyssa and I've been a member since 2006 but havent been back in a few years to posting and have decided to start again.

Reading my old posts, and looking at my lifestyle today, makes me feel so proud and is a huge relief/laugh/undescribable feeling. I was so lost and had no drive or motivation to actually stick with anything.

Since then I have become a machine. I began calorie counting, almost religiously, and have gone from (166 at the time of old posts) to about 134. I finally have control and will power and its an amazing feeling!

For a good laugh, an old post:

Once I get my post count up to 25 I'll post some progress pics!
Nice to meet you all!
Losing It 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #7  
Here for the party

S/C/G: 187/108

Height: 5'5.5

Hey, Alyssa, welcome back! I too joined in 2006, and didn't come back until May of this year. Unlike you, I had gained a good 30 pounds from where I was when I was here last time. Good for you for sticking with your program and making such good progress!
fivestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #8  
Lets try this again

fivestone, but at least now youre back and making the effort to change things! (and looks like youre doing a good job of it too according to your ticker! congrats!)