Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-01-2010, 04:18 AM   #1  
erikaftw

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'3

Default Erika for the win

leanmoomercows inspired me to try again because our circumstances are quite similar. My name is Erika and I am not happy with myself. I like who I am although I don't like what I see in the mirror. Which is why lately I avoid mirrors altogether and by doing so I've dug myself into a deeper hole. In high school I was not happy with myself either (I've always had self-image issues) but when I look back now, I laugh. I was in the best shape of my life (I played varsity volleyball, basketball, and tennis), a size 2/4, and ate whatever I wanted. When I went off to college I wasn't disciplined to exercise on my own, always having a coach force me to run that mile quicker, faster each time. I learned to hate it. So I just let it all go. There were times where for a few months I would get it together only to have it fall apart again.

This past spring, I hit the lowest point of my life. I didn't go to my classes for 2 months straight and my job performance at work was suffering. I turned to food for that instant gratification that would rear its ugly head back as soon as I ate that last fry. I weigh 165ish now and am looking to get back at 130. I want to say yes to having my picture taken and be able to walk back into my hometown local Wal-Mart without the fear of running into old classmates and dying of shame.

That's my story. I want to feel good about myself. I've gone through this forum and seen the wonderful support and success stories and realized that I can do it too. We all can. I just need to make the commitment once and for all! Thanks and good luck to us all!

Last edited by erikamm; 07-01-2010 at 04:19 AM.
erikamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:11 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Erika and welcome to 3FC.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:50 PM   #3  
All Hail The Queen