Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #1  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hi Everyone

I have spent days looking for a forum to join for support and help in my journey to lose some weight. I am new to this & would love to have friends and buddies for support of each other.

I will try to sum things up without writing a book.

I have always been skinny. Although I have been skinny on and off I have had problems with periods where I would gain 10 or 15 pounds for no reason & just as quickly lose that same 10 or 15 pounds without any problems. This has always baffled me & my doctor. The last 5 months this has not been the case at all. I started gaining & have gained really fast. The last 2 months has been out of hand & even at this point I feel like a human pin cushion from all the bloodwork and everything else. Gaining 49 pounds in 5 months really got the doctor's attention since my food intake has not changed at all. Finally last week I was diagnosed with a hereditary liver malfunction (sorry don't remember the real term or how to spell it). I have started taking emzymes to help my body digest food properly, actually benefit from the vitamins & minerals that I am consuming & to help my body regain the ability to stop letting toxins build up.

I eat a pescatarian diet, lots of vegies, grains, fruits & have fish a couple times a week. My goal is to continue with the same eating as always (doctor supports this plan) with consuming about 300 calories less a day to slowly drop excess weight, fluid build up & toxins.

I have already lost 6 pounds since last Thursday when I started my meds. Of course I would love to lose the remaining 43 pounds before Memorial Day, but we all know that isn't going to happen. So slow journey of losing the remaing 43 pounds has started & I plan to just hang in there & get it done.

Thanks for listening.

Dee
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #2  
All Hail The Queen

S/C/G: 186.2/166.8/140

Height: 5'8"

Welcome! I'm glad that your doctors were able to figure the cause of your rapid weight gain and you have been given a method to treat it. Good luck on your journey. You can do it!

Dhani
DhaniCauldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Dee and welcome to 3FC.

Congrats on your success and good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #4  
Next mini-goal 184

S/C/G: 204/189/155

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you Dhani & Michelle for the welcome. I think I made a good choice, looked around the forum some & found some great meal ideas & lots of motivation.
Im On A Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #5  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im On A Boat View Post
Thank you Dhani & Michelle for the welcome. I think I made a good choice, looked around the forum some & found some great meal ideas & lots of motivation.

You're welcome and I do agree, this is the best site on the net for support, advice, inspiration and much more
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote