Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/235/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile Tired of being tired...

I've been thinking for awhile now "Its time to start losing weight"..."I need to start dieting"...and all the associated thoughts. I guess its taken walking up the stairs in my house and being out of breath before hitting the top...my jeans not fitting right anymore...being embarrassed to walk out of the house anymore...and the worst part for me, is when I thought that I make my Husband look bad in public because I am getting so big. I'm tired of it, and I need to do something to change. I've been working for the past two weeks to cut the "junk" out of my life...and for the most part, I can...until I see someone else eating it, and then I start craving it.
I came here for support, for help, for ideas. I guess I've tried long enough to do it on my own, and my weight just comes back, I lose focus, I cant do it, and the million other excuses we've all probably used a million times.

So, I look forward to getting to know you all better, and work on finding a smaller me somewhere inside what I am now...
Grandiose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:42 PM   #2  

Default Hello!

I'm right there with you! I'm just over whelmed w/ getting started, making the food changes and I have no idea where to fit in the exercise, I just came across this site again, it has been a few years since I have been here, looking for some motivation and tips to get me started! Best of luck to you!!
holdan29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #3  

Hello,
I am really relating to a lot of people here, I guess I am not the only one. I too hope to find more motivation. I am new here but I'd be happy to support you in any way I can.
Trish
beby32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 PM   #4  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

For me, counting calories and exercise has worked. I count calories and track my exercise for free at sparkpeople.com. I workout at home with DVDs and hand weights. You can check out about calorie counting and other eating plans at our Diet Central - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/#diet-central

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/180/150ish

Height: 5'5"

I am new here too! I will work on my intro post soon but I just wanted to read a little from some other newcomers as well. I can really relate to so many peoples stories. I know how you feel when it comes to having the right thoughts and intentions but just not being able to turn those thoughts into actions. I often find myself thinking that I should work out but do I walk the 100 ft to the work out room.... no. I also find myself being embarrassed for my husband. I am right there with you! Good luck on your path to a new you and hopefully we will be seeing more of each other around here.
KayNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

Forcing myself to get moving was the hardest thing EVER. Cutting back on the food, was hard as well, but it was the moving that really caused the most stress to me. Mainly because it hurt me to do it. It wasnt excruciating pain or anything like that, but its hard to make yourself do something that is uncomfortable. If walking is how you are going to start out, let me give you the one tip I give to anyone who talks about how boring exercise is, or how much they hate doing it. I have 3 words for you. Books on tape. Forget music. I mean, music is nice, but it doesnt take you away. You get a good book on tape loaded into the mp3 player, and all of a sudden, you have 20 minutes walking done, and you dont even realise it!! Libraries usually have some, and you can join clubs that let you download them online as well.

Good luck!!! You will be amazed at just how quickly you start to feel better. God knows, I was.
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #7  
300+ Chick

Hello and Welcome! Whatever plan you choose, Think of moderation of the foods you crave, this way you won't fail. This is a lifestyle change and manage for life... Good luck with your efforts!
Liliann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 235/235/140

Height: 5'4"

Thanks guys...I'm really looking forward to CONTINUING my journey this time.
I've tried counting calories...and find it depressing, and I just plain forget ALL THE TIME to track what I'm eating. I'm finding it easier to just be aware of what I'm putting in my mouth...I've been eating a lot more fresh fruits and veggies, and cutting out my sugars and dressings (one of my biggest weak points!!)
I've found it easy to make a quick ham and turkey wrap for lunch every day, and I'm slowly weeding out my vices...
Once I get fully on the right track again, heres hoping Hubby coming home from Afghanistan doesnt derail me like he did when he came back from Iraq....I was down 40 pounds, and gained it all back in 2 months!! lol. We've talked at length about it, and he promises to be good and not want to eat out all the time, but we shall see.
Thanks guys for the support, and I am suprised that I am not the only one sharing the same feelings, but then again, I think that is part of the learning process...that you arent the only one going through your situation.
Grandiose is offline   Reply With Quote