Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-18-2010, 01:40 PM   #1  

Default Hi from Calgary!

Hi everyone!

I found these forums on the "Big Boards" and going down the list of forum after forum about weight loss and support "3 fat chicks on a diet" really got my attention! You had me a FAT. Love the title of the boards that alone makes me believe I will be heading in the right direction!

I have been flipping through the boards too see if this is a good community for me to get involved in. It really does seem to be friendly and supportive! Exactly what I am looking for!!!

About me... My name is Joelene, I have three boys, 11, 16 and 36. The 36 year old and myself are getting married in December of this year. It is our 20th anniversary as a couple and I want to be able to blow him away on our wedding day!

I weighed myself the other day for the first time in about 2 years, and found I was in the 2teens. I don't know why I was shocked, but I was... I had in my head "185-190lb isn't so bad..." I think I may have threw up a little in my mouth when I saw it go past 200lb. I am 5'3, short and round That is ok, I make up for it by being cute! I use the term "Pleasantly Plump" a lot, but I think it has gotten out of control.

I am a "starter" I have started, DS's Slim in 6, South Beach Diet, Tony Little, Yoga classes, Deep Water & Aqua size, Prince to Pauper, Dr. Phil's - The Ultimate Weight Solution: The 7 Keys to Weight Loss Freedom, Friendly challenges, Dance Dance Revolution, Wii Fit, EA Active, and just generally eating better... Like I said, I STARTED all of these and way more at one point and have always seen results!! Every single time I would loose a few pounds, or tighten my belt a notch, but i never ever finished.

I am a sugar junky!! I quit smoking about 5 years ago and replaced cigarettes with oreo cookies! LOVE it, my hubby 2b is no help, kinda... he is not fat, but has a little ponch, that i think is adorable. LOL but would prefer a 6 pack, I am not gonna lie! I call him my little chubby chaser, he just rolls his eyes. He encourages me in every weight loss endeavor, and lets me buy what ever I want and then just gives me the " If you would just start by eating better and walking the dog we wouldn't be out 300 bucks!!" LOL oops.

ANYWAY... His boss, used p90x, and lost a LOT of weight and is a TOTAL HOTTY now, all things considered. He has lent me his DVD's for the 90 days. I will be doing the work outs, not the pills or powders or anything Like that.. Just the work outs..

I am hoping, beyond all hope, that this is something I finish. I am not getting as much support from the hubby2b because he thinks this time I am getting in too deep. That p90x is going to be too hard for me. I think he is right, but am determined to prove him wrong! Looking into it.. omg i think i am in too deep! LOL. but I found a schedule for "women". My goal isn't to be buff and crazy cut like so many others, I just want to be fit, and thinner. I have a number in mind I want to loose, but I don't want set myself up to fail. SO i am just going to aim for confidence instead of weight.

My career really doens't require me to be fit, or even active for that matter, I do about 5-10 hours of work where I am active and moving, then 40-60 at a desk on my computer... It would just be nice to be able to climb a hill during that 5-10 hours and not have to stall to catch my breath..

SO THAT IS MY STORY!! I am sure I over did it, but I do that a lot! I apologize for my horrible grammar skills, I am NOT a writer by any stretch. I am looking forward to being supportive to those who need a fat chick to lean on, and hopefully getting the support in return.

I am not shy, if you have any questions, just ask!!!

Where do I go from here? Any suggestions??
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:05 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hi! I'm also from Calgary. Loving the warm weather, finally!!! Don't have much to say, but you'll love it around here. Everyone is supper supportive and has great advice. Welcome!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 248/220/150

Height: 5'5

Welcomeee, I've only been on here one day and I can already tell you that you're at the right place.
MelloFatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #4  
on a Mission!!!

S/C/G: 294/228/199

Height: 5'5''

I am from calgary to!!!

welcome!!!
Big Sexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/290/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi and welcome!

I am a new person here myself, and, like you, have started different weight loss programs and whatnot but haven't been very successful. So, I can relate to you. Hopefully, we can meet our respective goals and find the support we need here. So far, it seems to be very supportive and helpful here.

Deb
saltymama57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW: 359 / CW: 350 / GW: 200

Height: 5ft 5ins

Welcome!

Good luck in your journey, you are in the right place for sure.

x x x
GirlInterrupted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:04 PM   #7  

Thank you! Everyone for the warm welcome!

Today is the day!! I went out and bought a sports bra and a pair of cute little yoga pants to do my transition photographs in! I figured the same outfit every time I might be able to see a difference easier.. i dunno... i may be delusional.

Went and purchased all the goodies to eat!! I think my kids are officially going to hate me starting dinner time tonight! LOL

Off to find a "journal" thread to start my own!!

thank you again ladies!
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote