Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-14-2010, 12:24 AM   #1  
not-so-skinny jeanz.

S/C/G: strt;245. crnt;260* goal;[225]

Height: 5'8 !

Angry shes back & fatter than ever !

hello all, im back. i had to really catch myself. i was doing so good at first!! i was losing weight & sticking to it. i ended up moving out into a friends house & it was so hard to stay comitted to my diet plan. its been 4 months. how did i GAIN damn near 15lbs?
even tho i went back to my original starting weight.. the way the weight came back; it looks soooo horrible. worse than before! i was always big, but my stomach was flat. now, i guess the fat went straight to there. is it possible to lose 2Olbs in 3months?? lol my boyfriends comes back from the marines & i doNOT want him to see my like this after he got so in shape. i need some motivation & some support. i missed you all sooo much. i need to brush up on everything i learned too. i know i can do this again especially with you all's help! ily, ty.
plus sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:57 AM   #2  
Every pound is a victory

S/C/G: 263/147/?

Height: 5' 6"

You can do it! I lost 30 lbs in 20 weeks counting calories and doing Biggest Loser DVDS-- just work hard and you'll do great!!
rainydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 AM   #3  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

You can totally do it!! I lost like 20 of the pounds I'd lost and it all went to my stomach (well... and hips) too. It came back off my stomach first so now I look crazy proportion wise... but you have 3 months! You can make a serious dent in those LBs in that time!
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 365/339/135

Height: 5' 7.5"

Yes, you can definitely do it! It's totally possible, and not at all extreme, to lose 20 lbs. in three months.

After having lost 25 lbs. last summer, just as I had really gained momentum, I was suddenly sidelined from exercising in the ways I had become accustomed to by an, albeit relatively minor, injury. Feeling demoralized, I gradually gave up on my eating plan, and over the following six months I regained all that I had lost. A month ago, I resumed exercising, and since then I feel better and my clothes are looser. On Sunday, I resumed where I had left off with my dietary plan-- and I've lost three pounds in the last two days! Granted, it's probably mostly water weight; however, I feel GREAT from eating well and not too much.

There are a couple of quotes and signature lines I've noticed here that have really inspired me. I can't recall them verbatim, nor the names of those who posted them (apologies and thanks to them!), but they are:

1. Just because you fell down a few steps doesn't mean you have to throw yourself down the rest of the stairs.

2. Make commitment goals, not results goals.

3. It's about commitment, not motivation.

(Motivation is great, but it can be ephemeral. Commitment, on the other hand, can be renewed whenever you want. I think sometimes it can even be about committing oneself to getting motivated -- by posting as you have here -- or, for example, stimulating oneself with music that makes you want to move.)

Regarding belly fat, increased dietary calcium consumption, along with reasonable caloric restriction, has been observed to increase fat loss, particularly of abdominal fat. Dietary sources I really enjoy are low-fat Greek yogurt (e.g., Fage brand), low-fat BabyBel LaughingCow Cheese, and leafy greens. Natural Calm Plus is a good magnesium and calcium supplement, too.

By the way, you look absolutely beautiful and appear to have a lovely figure in your profile pictures. Don't worry about what your boyfriend will think and don't be too hard on yourself. I'm 28 and was at the weight you are when I was 20 (I read your profile info . I weigh about a hundred pounds more than that now (eek!). In retrospect, especially from looking at photos of myself from the time, and from the perspective of now being 28 and over 300 lbs., not only do I think I really looked nice a lot of the time back then, but I also really wish I hadn't been so emotionally hard on myself and been so afraid of what everybody was going to think all of the time.

No matter what weight I've been -- from 135 to 365 -- I had never felt quite good (read: thin) enough, which made it feel perversely good to hide myself away and eat my way up to where I am now. This is not to say, of course, that you would be inclined to do anything of the sort, but from a very overweight 28 year old to an overweight 20 year old, I say love yourself and work hard at being healthy for yourself, and enjoy your life. Apologies for the didacticism, but I felt really compelled.

Good luck, and in the words of Dory the Fish, keep on swimming!
Satu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 05:46 AM   #5  
not-so-skinny jeanz.

S/C/G: strt;245. crnt;260* goal;[225]

Height: 5'8 !

OHH MYY GOSHH SATU! lol im sorry, but that was so beautiful! i so needed to hear all of what you were saying. & i know that im young & can work it off. sometimes i look at old pix of myself & think like dang, i thought i was so fat back then.. but really i wish i was still that size. idk why or how im so hard on myself. i think because sometimes i make excuses for myself like oh im just missing one day, i need to rest from working out anyway. or, its just one cupcake.. i can have this treat. lol my biggest problem right now is really to get off my *** and just do it. i mean i HAAATE working out so much. but i know in order to succeed in this weight loss, i have to do it. and thanks about the comment about me being nicely shaped. alot of people think so, but just compared to how i used to be.. its a shame! lol thanks again sooo much for all the responses.

iam happy to be back & im going to stick to it this time. because iam 45 lbs away from weighing 3OOlbs & i most definately canNOT let that happen!
plus sized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Hi Plus-sized,
re your comment: 'i HAAATE working out so much. but i know in order to succeed in this weight loss,', I say:

Don't do what you hate. Find an active activity that you enjoy and do THAT. Me? I LOVE Swing dancing. That's just fun, to me it's not exercise even though it gets my heart rate up and I sweat. I now do 2 classes in a row, I didn't stop going to beginners and just focus on intermediates, I do them both!

Are you a competitive person? Maybe a team sport would be good for you.
Hope you find the activity that works for you and that you enjoy!

Sairz
Sairz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #7  
action,not desperation...

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5' 7"

@ Satu: Thank you for writing that...

@ plus sized: I gained 60 lbs in six months aprox, because my bf had to go in Canada which is over the ocean from where I am and I didn't realize that it will have such a drastic effect on my eating . He came to visit for a month in February and I felt terrible being so big again, but he was really sweet and supportive and very happy to see me, for the whole month... So don't worry so much, don't despair, those lbs are more in your head than in his sight .
I'm happy for you that you are restarting the healthy life. Good for you

Last edited by Philosia; 04-22-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Philosia is offline   Reply With Quote