Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-07-2010, 02:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 154/146.6/129

Height: 5'5

Default Intro - 24 & Exasperated

Hey everyone. I have never really joined a website like this before, talking about my weight problem. I have been really discouraged lately and decided to join after reading quite a few success stories, if only to give myself a place to vent or to read more success tips.

I have recently graduated from college, and after putting on almost 40 lbs! during my 4.5 years, I was ready to leave the pizza and beer behind and get back to my "fighting weight". That was last August (2009). Since that time, I have cut down on my drinking, live at home and eat healthy, and try to make it to the gym at least 3x a week (it’s usually 2). I have lost ZERO pounds, no change in measurements.

Finally in March I decided to really get motivated, and began South Beach phase 1. Two weeks of no carbs - I recorded all my foods and never cheated. Lean chicken and pork, seafood, a little cheese and olive oil, lots of water, plenty of veggies, and a few spoonfuls of PB or sugar-free fat-free pudding here and there, and NO WINE . Yesterday, three weeks after starting SBP1, I went to a free screening at my grad school, and found out that I have lost ZERO pounds, am considered overweight with a BMI of 25, AND have high blood pressure (140/90 and 134/84 for my second reading.) Needless to say I am discouraged.

Here’s to hoping that I pick up some tips and really get started on weight loss, I’ve been miserable for far too long.
lisa130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:26 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi Lisa and welcome to 3FC.

Most, if not all of us here, can understand the frustration with losing weight so you are not alone

I would suggest checking out the Featherweights forums here for some tips and suggestions - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/featherweights-197/

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote