Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-03-2010, 04:07 AM   #1  

Default Newbie

Hi guys and girls

My name is Hannah, I'm 22, and I'm a student studying business and Chinese. I'm currently located in Beijing, which is...tough. Let's just call it tough for the minute hehe.

I'm here because I've suffered from disordered eating since I was about 11. I've got horribly low self-esteem and suffer from depression with bouts of mania (not quite enough to be considered bipolar, I guess, but it made finding the right meds really difficult), and when I'm in depression mode I binge on anything sweet I can find (usually caramel and chocolate haha) and lay in bed all day, and when I'm in manic mode I don't eat at all and exercise until I can't stand. Yeah, bad idea. -_-;

With the help of an awesome therapist and finding the right meds and dosage, I've been able to kick the purging habits I'd formed, but that meant binging a lot and not purging, which meant my weight pretty much rocketed upwards. At my lowest (a year ago almost exactly) I was 65kg (not underweight by any means, but very very low body fat for me...I'm a very big build) and was pretty much all muscle, which was awesome. What wasn't awesome was the fainting spells, the nausea, the guilt, the bleeding gums, and the anemia. Currently I'm heavy, but happy with other aspects of my life (relationships, mood is stable(ish) and I've got enough money to survive, plus I get to start fresh with my studies of chinese this semester). So I thought now was the ideal time to start a HEALTHY lifestyle change (I don't want to say diet because it implies I can go back to eating unhealthy amounts of cake, which I don't want to do, and also implies restricting to a horrid degree, which is not what I want to fall back into).

Current stats:
-Weight: 77kg
-Height (not that this will change haha): 165cm
-Clothes size: UK 10-12 (sometimes an 8 in dresses, depends where I shop)
-Waist: 25"
-Hips: 39"
-Boobs:32/34G

Goal (final) stats:
-Weight: 65kg
-Clothes size: UK 8 (comfortable)
-Waist: 20"
-Hips: 36"
-Boobs: 28/30G (or whatever cupsize, not so bothered if they shrink a bit lol)

My basic "diet" plan is going to be eat at least 10 servings of fruit and veg a day. That sounds like a lot, but I want to sub a lot of the carbs I've been eating with good veggies, lots of carrots and broccoli and such. I also want to swap out the potato obsession I have (with butter and cream of course haha) with sweet potato, because you don't need the extra flavouring with that haha. Also, cut down on red meat and processed foods, so I'm going to be going around with my Chinese friend (who lives here all the time) and finding a nice fish market where they can filet the fish for you (I am very squeamish when it comes to fish heads, idk why lol).

Exercise wise, I'm planning on doing a combo of weights, cardio, and yoga, basically in a 3 rotation (Ex. Upper body weights one day, Cardio the next, Lowe body weights the next, then yoga, then start over again hehe). For cardio (because I really do love running, but I'm quite slow) I am doing the C25K program x2 (doing the suggested exercises but multiplying the workout by 2 each time I do it, but also taking twice as long to move onto the next bit of the program) at 6mph/10kmph running and 4mph/6.5kmh. For weights I have a program based on what my cousin has told me (he's a body builder ) and I will talk about that in some other forum because I don't want to make this too long .

About me...well, I'm a student, as I've said already hehe. I love sports, I really do, especially snowboarding and mountain biking. I'm trying to get into rockclimbing, but its very tough haha. I also love learning languages, thus my degree, and speak English and German fluently already (so if anyone wants a convo in German I'm here for you hehe). My goal is to travel to as many countries as I can, and work in charity when I'm older (doing stuff in Africa for refugees, and then moving to work maybe for an amnesty international office when I get a bit old and want to settle down ^_^).

And...yeah, that's me. Nice to meet you all
dropkickmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 189/186/125

Height: 5'5"

Your username caught my eye. lol. I love the dropkcik murphys! And Flogging Molly. Got to see them in concert a few years back.

Anywho, welcome. I'm new too but these boards are jam packed with lots of great information and support.

Good luck getting to your goal
Brittany1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #3  
WW Moderator

Welcome to 3FC! Gosh, it sounds very exciting to be able to study in another country!

We have two forums in particular that I think would be helpful for you. Chicks in Control and http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/. They are just a suggestion - Please jump in anywhere that you feel like joining!
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote