Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #1  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

Default are you as excited as I am?

Today will be my 5th day on a diet. I am thrilled I finally went out and got the help that I needed to lose this weight!

I started to gain weight about 5 years ago. I was always a pretty skinny person before that, a size 2-4. But untreated hypothyroidism that sent me into depression sent me skyrocketing into an 18. yikes! on a five-one frame, that is ridiculous.

I am on track medically now, almost back to the person I used to be, but I need to lose this weight before I will actually be comfortable. Right now I have trouble bending down to tie my shoe. That is so embarrassing.

I love to exercise, I am just not physically able to do what I used to do. I also know how to eat healthy, I just need a kick in the pants and help losing.

I decided to join the forum to get some extra online support... I am on the internet a lot, so why not, right? Good luck to everybody! I am here for the long haul, looking for weight loss friends!
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! All the best with your journey! This place is great, and has a sub-forum for all the different people are here, so knock yourself out!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

PS. OMG lovely doggies in your profile!
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/205.4/135

Height: 5'3

Hey! I'm so glad you were able to get help for your problem! Ive been big most my life, but I just began my own diet around 2 weeks ago so I'm just getting started on finally losing the weight too. I just joined today, as well, because I think it will be great to have some more support with losing this weight. What diet are you going with to lose your weight? (I'm counting calories)

P.S. If you don't mind me asking, do you got to VT? Just wondering because I go to JMU. Woot, for VA colleges!
shani lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192/132/135

Height: 5'3

Hope you accomplish your goal. Stay focused and you get there.
RoseRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 02:31 AM   #6  
amazing

S/C/G: 214.5/185.2/115

Height: not quite 5'1"

thanks everybody!

yoss- I love my dogs! that picture was taken a while ago... Brooks, the Australian Shepard, no longer lives with me, I miss her a lot. Loki, the little one she's hugging is my rescue puppy and my favorite reason to walk outside for at least an hour a day

shani- I graduated from VT a few years ago, before I got big, but Hokie pride runs strong through my veins! (I taught Loki to do the Hokie Pokie for football games) I am currently getting my second degree at UNC Charlotte. I have a few friends who went to JMU, great school! I've run around that campus drunk a couple times, haha.

I tried to do it on my own, but obviously have had no success. I am not an over eater, I am an under eater... and with the thyroid problem, losing weight is extremely hard. So I joined Jenny Craig to get the help I needed. My first weigh in is Thursday, so I am super excited to see how well I've done.

Thanks Rose! me too!
HokieLoki is offline   Reply With Quote