Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-09-2010, 07:22 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/173/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Calorie counting help?

Hey everybody, I just joined today. I think I am doing pretty well exercise-wise, but I am having issues with the whole calorie counting side of the deal. Does anybody have methods they want to share with me?

My story is the typical. My best friend's wedding is in the middle of June, and I want to rock the bridesmaids' dress. Really, really don't want to be the chubby one that none of the groomsmen want to dance with...Anyway, help would be WAY appreciated
jlouqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:49 PM   #2  
Sammi

S/C/G: 243.5/201.5/149

Height: 5'5''

Welcome!

I use http://www.thedailyplate.com/ to count cals and always try to plan my day ahead of time as much as possible. I hope this helps.
aliquot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #3  
Calorie Countin' Fool

S/C/G: 274/ticker/150 for now/137?

Height: 5'6"

I use an iphone app called lose it. It's convenient because I can carry it around wherever I go. Has a pretty good database of food (including some restaruants and grocery store foods), but you can always add your own foods as well (this is where I will go to a site like the one mentioned above to figure out calories in my cooking and/or to double check to see if the lose it database is accurate).

If you have a smart phone, I would recommend checking out this or a similar app.
NorthernExposure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/135

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I just got the Calorie King book and find it really useful but before I bought that I used a web-based calculator and that is really good as well. I just like the flexibility of the book in addition to the computer.

I also find my scale invaluable. Especially, when it comes to corn chips or cheese. Both very easy to go over on if you can't figure out what an ounce is.

Finally, writing it down has really kept me accountable and makes small plateaus not a big deal because I can look back and know I have been on track and it will catch up to me soon, or where I am going wrong so I know how to fix things.
Carly Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:46 PM   #5  

+1 for Thedailyplate. I'm a huge fan. I don't have a lot of patience to search and spend tons of time each day counting. Thedailyplate has a great database and is super fast to use, very user friendly.

Glad to hear you are interested in calorie counting, it's totally changed my approach to food.

Welcome and good luck.
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote