Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-10-2010, 03:33 AM   #1  
Mom to 2 princesses

S/C/G: 231/223/115

Height: 4'8

Wink Slim 4 Life - Kansas (New dieter)

Hi everyone,
My name is Sara and I am doing the Slim 4 Life plan at the clinic in Shawnee Kansas. I am new to this type of dieting. I've tried it on my own before but never with a program. I have over 100 pounds to loose. I gained weight after having my first child over nine years ago. I have never lost it.
I am determined to stick to this EXPENSIVE but good diet.

So a little more insight to why I am so determined other than just to lose the weight of course. My father has always been concerned about my weight since I had my first baby. I have a bad heart and he is worried I will have a heart attack and die. He is on a fixed income and my family and I don't have much left after paying our bills. He called me up last week and told me he had made an appointment for me at Slim 4 life and we were going. He wouldn't take no for an answer. Once we got in there they dropped the bomb on the cost. I argued it was to much, he said he'd put off paying some of his bills for one month to pay the fee. He whipped out the card and they took it without hesitation. Three days later we go in and find out I have to purchase double the amount to get the supplements or the guarantee wont work. I guess we should have listened better when she was talking, but our councilor had us in their for over two hours. She likes to talk.
So what does dad do when I say we can't afford the supplements and yet we can't back out of the contract. He immediately goes home and takes out a loan to get the supplements. I found out hours later and feel so guilty.

So am I determined to lose this weight, Heck YES! I want to lose it to be who I was years ago, but also for my dad who has put more than he should have to in to this. I am actually suprised I haven't craved any sweets. We even had a birthday party the other day and I had no sweets at all. I take the bars and eat one per day as a dessert a couple hours after dinner since I stay up late editing with my work. It helps curb the hunger pains and it tastes like a candy bar. I actually don't mind the allowed types of foods.
Six months is a long time but I am praying I can loose it.
I'd love to have a buddy out here to share stories with??

So that is my story. I can't wait to start posting with everyone.
Heavenlymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #2  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Hey there HM. I'm a Midwest girl too. I actually grew up in the KCMO area. (Liberty, MO) Visited your area MANY times for concerts and festivals.

Your father sounds like a very caring and generous man. Bless his heart for finding a way to help you out. Surely is a big motivation to stay on plan when someone has risked their financial security for you. (No pressure there...lol) Stick around and post often. Once you are done with your contract with your current program, many of us lose weight for free and there is some great support here for whatever plan you choose to lose.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-10-2010 at 11:22 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #3  
Back on Track 2 Healthy

S/C/G: 270/254.4/Healthy

Height: 5 feet Tall

Welcome! Keep coming back...this is an awesome place! Check out the 100 lb group... I look forward 2 getting to know you better!
cathydoe is offline   Reply With Quote