Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/270/170

Height: 5'8

Red face Hi, I'm new!!! <3

Hi, I just signed up. Im 26 from Long Island NY.
I always struggled with my weight. But I gained alot of weight starting last year when my fiance was cheating on me,and got another woman pregnant. So I left him and our apt. During the summer I lost my job,and I'm still unemployed,never went to college. I'm living at home with my parents,single,broke,and alone.
Sadly during all this time I turned to food (I was big to begin with ) but now im bigger at 280!! and only 5'8'. When I met my fiance 4 yrs ago I was 220.
If anyone has any weight loss tips for me I would greatly appreciate it.
And how do u get the tracker thing on the bottom of the post?? do I paste it in??
Thanks!!
Precious27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:32 PM   #2  
Getting there lbs by lbs

S/C/G: 346/260/184

Height: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious27 View Post
Hi, I just signed up. Im 26 from Long Island NY.
I always struggled with my weight. But I gained alot of weight starting last year when my fiance was cheating on me,and got another woman pregnant. So I left him and our apt. During the summer I lost my job,and I'm still unemployed,never went to college. I'm living at home with my parents,single,broke,and alone.
Sadly during all this time I turned to food (I was big to begin with ) but now im bigger at 280!! and only 5'8'. When I met my fiance 4 yrs ago I was 220.
If anyone has any weight loss tips for me I would greatly appreciate it.
And how do u get the tracker thing on the bottom of the post?? do I paste it in??
Thanks!!
Welcome, I would recommend Dr. Ian Smith's Fat Smash or Extreme Fat Smash.

I'm currently on EFS, and it's very extreme, requires lots of discipline, but the results are rewarding.

I figure if I start EXTREME it'll be a breeze to transfer over to the regular Fat Smash.

I lost seven pounds (7.5) in five days, eating healthy and exercising!
tryinghardtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #3  

thanks for the advice, im gonna look it up!! <3
Old 01-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome! Hopefully this place will get you on the right track!

As for the tracker, you need to have made 20 posts and have been a member for 20 days to be allowed a signature to put a tracker in.
yossarianlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #5  

Thumbs up Maybe fat burning foods can help?

Hi, I am new to this forum as well...

I really empathize with you... As I have recently loss some very stubborn weight I
had been trying to loose for years. But within the last 8 months I was able to
lose those unwanted pounds. Yipee!

What starting making the difference for me after all the fad, loose 20 lbs by Saturday type programs. They worked, but the weight always came back with a vengeance...

The key for me was learning the exact mechanisms that cause one to gain unwanted weight.

Surprisingly I found that the amount of food you eat, is less important than what you eat?

I found that your liver plays a very vital roll in your metabolic rate.

What I found is that eating natural 'fat burning foods' will put less stress on your liver... To learn more about the details of how all this works, just let me know, and I can get a list of more than 15 fat burning foods that can help you get started...

By methodically phasing in the fat burning foods, over time; you will lose the weight... Let me know if this was helpful.

Regards,
Napolia
Napolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:27 PM   #6  

Thanks for writing guys!!! and napolia what is the 15?? im dying to know!! lol
Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 PM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Precious!
You sure have had your share (and more) of heartbreak and challenges - but it sounds like you're ready for a healthier and happier you - you're off to a great start with a good plan - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on..

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try the 20 somethings, the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation. Check out the Fat Smash forums - I'm sure it'll be helpful to meet others doing the same plan.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals - can't wait to hear of your continued success,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-21-2010 at 12:00 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #8  

thank u so much lee! I'm glad I found this site!