Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 AM   #1  
Wandervogel

S/C/G: 241/214.5/150

Height: 5'4

Default Finally reaching out...

Hi everyone!

I am a 20-year old girl who has been struggling with her weight for a long time... I am 5'4 and 240 pounds. I usually considered myself happy-go-lucky and 'okay' with my image until I finally achieved my dream of studying abroad in the Netherlands.

Now that I am here, I have sunk into a deep depression because my weight and image hold me back a lot. People just don't give 'fat chicks' the same respect as 'normal' chicks and it's really starting to hurt. Today when I decided not to go to class because I didn't want to be looked at, I knew I really needed help. I never talk about my weight struggle and I am so happy to find a community where people know where I am coming from.

It is a beautiful sunny day and I just want the courage to go outside and enjoy it... and eventually, reach my goal weight of 150. I look forward to talking with all of you!
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 335/335/135

Height: 5'6"

Welcome!! I too have struggled with weight for a long time, and am just starting the long journey of losing it! I've found this forum to be a great place to go when I need support, understanding or a good kick in the butt!
Good Luck and keep your head up!!
nikki531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello and welcome! I am glad you are joining us.

Coming here for support is a good first step. 3FC has been a real critical component of my weight loss journey. People here understand the how hard the struggles can be and how truly significant even the most minor accomplishments are.

I wish you the best on your weight loss journey. Come here often!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:59 PM   #4  
Rachel Ann

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 5'5"

Welcome & you are definitely in the right place.

Being overweight can affect one's self esteem so badly, sometimes it feels unbearable...I've been there. I often find myself being almost paranoid that people are laughing at me or talking about how heavy I am.

I finally decided one day...that these feelings aren't just going to go away...until I do something about it.

You are in the right place.

What is your diet & exercise plan?

Enjoy that nice day, take that first step in accepting yourself & maybe get in a little exercise at the same time.
TheJourneyStartsNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:20 PM   #5  
Wandervogel

S/C/G: 241/214.5/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks soooo much for the warm welcome guys - my plan is a 1200-1500 calorie diet with a walk/bikeride at least every other day. I also work in leg lifts, bicycle kicks, and crunches when I'm just sitting around. I can't do a lot, but what I do tuckers me out, so I think I'm doing it right!

Because I don't have much to work with here in my little studio apartment as far as cooking and convenience eating (all I have is a hot plate), it's mostly been lean protein like hardboiled eggs, EVOO drizzled over greens for some good fat, fruit, whole grain pasta, and Laughing Cow cheese. I also take a 'Healthy Weight' multivitamin with a little green tea extract. Very simple. I just arrived here in Europe two weeks ago and that's when I started.

My biggest problem is eating before bed. I try to counteract this by making dinner the most filling meal of the day - I usually have a couple servings of whole grain spaghetti with chopped veggies, bringing the fiber to nearly 17g! I keep a small jar of Nutella and spread about a tablespoon VERY thinly over whole grain bread if the sweet tooth hits... it keeps me from going nuts
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:02 PM   #6  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Raichu!
Sounds like you're off to a great start with a good plan - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on..

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired. Try the 20 somethings, the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote