Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/292/200

Height: 5'6"

Default Can I join ya?

Hey there! My name is Jenny. I was just told about this forum and thought I would check it out.

I guess a little about me....I've always been overweight. Even as a small child, I was always chubby, but as an adult I floated around the 245-260lb range. My biggest fear has always been reaching 300lbs. Last week, I was at a friends house. She just happened to have a digital scale. I stepped on it....295lbs!!! I was so shocked, I didn't really say anything about it for a few hours. Then I burst. I got extremely upset and decided I need to do something NOW. My friend has also been struggling with weight issues for years and she's currently on a special liquid diet program put on through the Ottawa hospital. I wanted to get on that, because she's lost almost 60lbs in 3 months. But you need Dr referrals to get into the program and although I could probably get that, she suggested I give Weight Watchers a try first. She's such a wonderful friend, she even drove me to a WW office and handed me the $20 to sign up then and there. I've been very emotional all week. I was really afraid that even though I was following their diet plan all week, I wouldn't see a difference. I weighed in yesterday, and I lost 3lbs! That's WITH being depressed and sitting on my fat butt all week. Imagine if I'd actually been exercising? So my wonderfully supportive and loving bf took me to Walmart and bought me 2 exercise dvds that I'm starting with today. "Better Belly Yoga" and "Slim, Strong and Firm" (which uses some ballet exercises to help with posture, which is awesome). So I'm feeling a lot better now. Something as little as 3lbs with ONLY eating right really showed me this is possible. I can do this!

I have 2 big goals right now. My first is to get back down to a size 18 pants. So maybe 40lbs. The next goal, which I would like to reach by the end of the summer, is to get back down to a size 14 pants. That's about 90lbs for me. So weight-wise, I want to get down to 200lbs by the end of the summer. If I continue only eating right and not exercising and just losing 3lbs a week, I can reach that. By adding in exercise, I think I might be able to go lower. But I don't want to expect that of myself. Getting down to 200lbs is a big enough goal to reach right now.

I've been so emotional over this whole thing!

Last edited by NannyJen; 01-14-2010 at 12:21 PM.
NannyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 PM   #2  
now I'm fluffy

S/C/G: 175/175/130

Height: 5'5"

I just came back, you will really get loads of support here. Good luck and welcome!
use2Bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 295/292/200

Thank you!
NannyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #4  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

Hello and Welcome to 3FC!
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:19 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi Jenny!
What a wonderful friend you have, she's a keeper! Congrats on your success so far, small changes can lead to big results - you're off to a great start with a good plan and a can-do attitude - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. Try Weight Watchers forum and the weight loss support forums, they're active and very helpful - also the Success stories are a definite must for motivation.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here since last fall, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:30 AM   #6  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey there Jenny.

You and I both started with a similiar scenario. I was at a friends house when I decided I wanted to try my hand at Wii. I stepped on the pad thing and it registered "OBESE." I was quiet--didn't know what to say. Something about that word to describe ME---there in big, bold letters on the screen. WOW. And so I began.

I think we all have to find what works for us individually. I am a calorie counter with a vast focus on whole foods. I believe in most of the principles of WW and think it's a great place to start. The wonderful thing about a new lifestyle is that it's truly a journey. You may go down one path and decide it's not the one you want to be on and jump over to another. That's okay. It's trial and error and ups and down and curvy and windy for most of us.

You have found a good place. There is nothing we cannot identify with weight related. It sounds like you are ready to make this happen. I cannot weight to hear about your progress. Come here and come often. Not only is there support but answers too. Trite but true.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote