Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 01-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #1  
Swing and a miss...

S/C/G: 220/215/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Saying Hi

So today I was in the mall. I went into a store that I used to frequent and went to try on some clothes. I hadn't let myself wallow in the fact that I've been struggling with weight gain and fluctuations for a while now. I went in to the dressing room, *tried* to try on a pair of pants thought might fit and lost it (on the inside) when I knew that the store did not carry bigger sizes. I couldn't even get them all the way up and just couldn't take it.

I found this website and I hope to gain as well as give support to those around me. I'm here to do what I need to do to be where I WANT to be.

Thanks for reading my WAYYYYYYY thinned out sob story.

220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #2  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome to you! Trying on clothes can be so disheartening. Good for you for using your experience as an opportunity to make positive changes for yourself.

Feel free to post wherever you feel comfortable! There is lots of advice and support to be had here.

CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/201/155

Height: 5'7

I had to go to a Penningtons/Additionelle to get a new dress for a wedding in September. That was my heaviest. I cried my whole drive home, the day of my friends wedding and a couple of days around it. It was horrible. I felt like the one i bought just looked like a black bedsheet on a hanger! Some people carry their weight well, I look like a lumpy sausage! I feel your pain!!! Just think about how hot you'll be when you get closer and closer to your goal!!! I feel like I'll be able to be my old confident self again!!!
britticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:43 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 307/294/170

Height: 5'8"

Welcome.

You will find oodles of wonderful people here giving heaps of support.

Regards

hali

hali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Hello, 220, and welcome. Coming here was a great first step; this site is so amazingly helpful.

I would venture to say that many of us here have had a similar dressing room experience. I know how bad it feels. The good news is that you are doing something to address the problem.

Come here often for support, advice, and motivation! I look forward to learning of your progress and wish you the best on your weight loss journey.

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:56 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 281/269.2/180

Height: 5'6''

I am right there with you, I hope to be a support to you. Best of luck on your weight loss journey.
myweightlosstrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #7  
Weigh Down Yonder

Hi 220!
It is always an unwanted moment of truth, just the worst when you can't find anything to fit (but somehow pants are even more horrible, at least for me) - sounds like you're ready to get going and get it done - the support you need is here - we'll all be here to cheer you on.

Glad to have you join us! There are lots & lots of different groups and forums - I'm sure you'll find some that will keep you motivated and inspired - you'll be a wonderful addition to any of them. There's also info and first hand advice on different eating plans and exercise to help get through the ups and downs.

There are bunches of people here with more to lose and some with less - the bottom line is that we all have to do it a day at a time. The good thing is that we'll have lots of company along the way.

I've only been here a few months myself, having NEVER been part of an online forum. What has been so eye-opening is how much it has helped me. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or defeated, I just log on and read some of the success stories, complete with their before & after photos - or read about others still dealing day to day with their challenges - and before I know it, the time has flown by and so have all the thoughts of going off track or giving up. It has made all the difference in my success so far.

So welcome - you 've found the right place - join in by inspiring us and being inspired!

All the best - good luck with your goals,
Lee

Last edited by leeway; 01-07-2010 at 01:32 AM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #8  
Rachel Ann

S/C/G: 305/ticker/185

Height: 5'5"

I totally feel for you...trying on clothes when you've gained weight can be quite tramatic.

I purchased my wedding dress 2 years ago online (it was beautiful) because I didn't want to face the embarassment of not fitting into the "sample" dresses in the bridal stores.

You have found the right place for motivation!!! Welcome to 3FC!

-Rachel-
TheJourneyStartsNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #9  
Swing and a miss...

S/C/G: 220/215/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all of the supportive words guys It is much appreciated. I know that I'm not alone but weight is definitely a personal struggle. We'll get there
220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #10  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Hi and welcome to 3FC.

Most, if not all, of us here can sympathize with your weight loss struggles but you have come to the best site for inspiration and support.

Good luck with your goals.

Hugs
Michelle
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote